My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The Rules of the Remake

I was driving in my car today when the song "Mexican Radio" came on by Wall of
Voodoo. Only problem was it wasn't Wall of Voodoo at all, but it was indeed "Mexican Radio".
Thoughts ran through my head in this order:

1. "I didn't know someone remade "Mexican Radio".
2. "I didn't think someone NEEDED to remake "Mexican Radio".

Don't get me wrong. I love a good remake as much as the next girl, but there are definite, unwritten rules to the remake.

They go a little something like this:

1. Don't remake a song that was already really good UNLESS you have something new and original to add to it.
2. Don't remake a bad song UNLESS you can make it good.
3. Never let your remake become bigger than any original song you've done on your own. (i.e. Jeffrey "In Your Eyes" Gaines).

It's not so much that this new version of "Mexican Radio" was bad. It couldn't be. Because it sounded almost EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL SONG!

At any rate, hearing the song prompted me to research if there was an actual remake and it turns out there was more than one. The good news though is that I'm currently reading about some remakes of interest that I didn't know about.

Got a favorite remake? Feel free to contact me...see previous post...I still haven't sorted out this blogger business yet.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online