My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Write Back Weekend "So Fresh And So Clean"

I had a hell of a time getting to update this morning. Because of my ongoing random connection issues, Blogger is sometimes affected. So to work around this, I've been keeping Blogger open and putting my computer on standby at night. But even then sometimes the connection is super slow. Now we think it might be a router issue, (yes, one that only plagues certain sites, lucky me) but it's going to require potentially a lot of trial and error in order to fix it, whenever and if ever, that actually happens. However, your continued patience, TITMT ideas and comments are appreciated!

Last week's TITMT was...

What one toiletry item could you never live without and why?

To be honest, in retrospect I view this as one of my lamer TITMT questions. In an effort to branch out from the typical (and time consuming) music, movie and television questions generated here, I went in a different direction. I mentioned the updating issue because it connects directly to this TITMT. Since I know I have had connection issues, I tried not to pick a meaty TITMT, just in case I couldn't get on to respond.

The downside of this is that there isn't much room for expansion on this particular topic. I do agree with most of you. It is hard to pick just one toiletry item to live without. After all, so many of them have become so important to the overall quality of life most of us have grown accustomed to.

For instance, I couldn't imagine living without my deodorant, especially on high pressure or scorching hot days. Without it, I couldn't raise my hand to show I was sure. Plus it is a well known fact amongst my circle of friends that my boyfriend's deodorant is actually one of my favorite scents, ever.

But even with how important all of us (except perhaps the au natural, Matthew McConaughey types) have decided deodorant is, deodorant was actually not the top answer on my board. So, for awhile I contemplated choosing soap because using deodorant without using soap is like trying to add icing to a cake that has yet to be baked. Soap keeps us Zestfully clean, too, though I'm a Dove girl through and through myself.

The deodorant and the soap, however, were just gateway toiletries into more hardcore unmentionables that I'm about to go and mention. Things like a good razor and good feminine products are also essential. Without a razor, I wouldn't be the evolved female that I am today. I even have the battle scars (nicks) to prove it. Alas there are feminine products like pads and tampons (sorry, guys) that are crucial. Without them I'd be one big mess, period (pun intended).

Interestingly enough though, none of these are the toiletries that I settled upon when I finally decided to choose one. The one I came up with and stuck to was toothbrush. Not just any toothbrush mind you, an electric toothbrush. As anyone who has used an electric toothbrush knows, once you go electric you never go back. But if we're getting technical, a toothbrush is of no use to me without it's partner in crime, the ying to it's yang, toothpaste. And I can't go for just any toothpaste either. I need to have something that addresses the needs of my sensitive teeth otherwise I feel the difference. So I guess you could say that toothbrush and toothpaste are like the bread and butter or Captain and Tennille of the toiletry world, you simply cannot have one without the other.

So as usual, I cheated a bit on this TITMT but if nothing else, at least I kept it clean.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online