My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Write Back Weekend "Girls On Film, And Elsewhere"

When I choose last week's TITMT question, little did I know that I would be starting a bit of a controversy. See, here at AOGB, I like to think I'm laid back and open minded. So, when I asked you to step outside the box and pick out good looking people of the same gender, I didn't realize I had committed the horrific crime some of you though I did.

For the record, let's get something straight. Admitting someone of the same gender is good looking does NOT make you gay. Most women don't seem to have a problem with this, but some guys really feel like they are somehow less masculine if they admit another dude is good looking. What is up with that?

In fact, the title of the post was also all in fun. I'm not really asking you to imagine anything other than what you might normally think about. If it helps matters, pretend you are a guy checking out girls or you are a girl checking out guys. If it helps you to swap your gender in order to be able to answer the question freely, more power to ya.

What follows are women that I think are good looking actresses in no particular order. There really are so many, so I tried to pick a top ten based on current standings. You tell me if I have a "type".:)

1. Rachel McAdams-She hasn't been around long, but this star of movies like The Notebook, Wedding Crashers and Red Eye has managed to diversify the roles she chooses, as well as the looks she dons. I admire someone who can look good no matter what their hair length or color. Rachel is that kind of girl. Plus I hear she goes out with Ryan Gosling. Only thing worse than being beautiful is being half of a beautiful pair.

2. Bethany Joy Galeotti- Most recently Bethany has been known for her role as Haley James Scott on One Tree Hill. Before that she did some time in the soap world on Guiding Light. I only half watched her on each show, but she has a nice quality to her that makes her seem like she'd be a sweet girl. Also an added bonus is she has an equally sweet singing voice. Why more people don't know about it, or her, I have no idea.

3. Reese Witherspoon
- I've said it many times on here so I won't bore you with the details. A quick recap for some of you late comers, I've wanted to be Reese since I was fourteen. She has a prominent chin, which makes her unique. She also seems like a hometown girl done good. I was devastated when her and Ryan broke up. I wanted those good looking kids to make it, but I digress.

4. Katherine Heigl- I debated about whether or not to include Katherine as there were times I didn't think she was so pretty. The first time I saw her was in the Gerard (remember him?) Depardieu movie, My Father The Hero. I thought she was a pretty teen back then. But she was gangly and model like. As she got older, her appearance changed. On Roswell she made her way through some pretty bad haircuts to be the Grey's Anatomy hottie she is today. Where her hotness will take her next, I haven't a clue.

5. Michelle Pfeiffer- It had been awhile since I had seen anything new with Michelle Pfeiffer in it. So imagine my surprise when the promos for Hairspray started coming out and I realized that she looks EXACTLY THE SAME. She's headed towards timeless beauty territory. I don't know what she does, but she's got the best skin and beautiful eyes. If I looked even half as good at her age, I'd be ecstatic.

6. Halle Berry- I don't know how anyone these days writes a list of beautiful women and doesn't include Halle Berry. I don't know what she's like as a person. From what I hear the woman has some issues. But that's neither here nor there. We're just talking about her beauty. If you've ever seen her in Monster's Ball without the glamour, you'd know that she's a real beauty, with or without the makeup.

7. Diane Lane- She started her career as a teenage actress and spent a few years out of the limelight. But Diane Lane did in Hollywood what many actresses deem impossible, she made a comeback while in her forties instead of the other way around. Not only did her career get a new life, she became known as a sex symbol instead of being relegated to the boring mother type roles. She doesn't act all the time, but it's fun to watch her perform anyhow.

8. Salma Hayek- For years now, Salma Hayek has been compared to other Latin beauties, especially Penelope Cruz. This I just don't understand. Between Salma and Penelope, there's honestly no contest in my mind. She's not a stick which is refreshing and she's well rounded (no pun intended) in her career, too. Now if only we could get her her Arnold, Antonio and Charo to lose just a smidge of their accents, it would be all good.

9. Olivia Newton-John- Before I wanted to be Reese I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John. I saw Grease and Two of A Kind and that's all it took for me. I used to listen to her greatest hits album over and over as a kid, too. Now, so many years and many tribulations later, she still looks fantastic, especially considering all that she's gone through.

10. Annabeth Gish- You don't hear or see a lot from Annabeth Gish and I always thought that a shame. As a child, I loved her in movies like Desert Bloom, Hiding Out and Shag. Then for years it looked like she had almost stopped acting completely. Now she primarily does Lifetime or TV movies and the occassional bit part in bigger films. I've always felt that she was underrated though, for her beauty and for her talent.

Like I said, there are many, many more women I could have included here, but I had to draw the line somewhere. We also wouldn't want the bloggers to talk, now would we?:)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online