My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trips To Europe. That's What the Kids Want.

It's no secret that wedding planning is is a monumental event in itself. As if the day itself isn't daunting enough, now I have to figure out what we are going to do the seven to ten days afterwards.

If you haven't figured it out already, I'm talking about where to go on our honeymoon.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about having to choose someplace to go to relax, especially when I'm not even footing the bill. I mean really, how could I? But it's just like when they say, "What do you get the girl who has everything?" Only instead, substitute the girl who has everything, for the girl who goes nowhere, and you have me.

I always thought that it would be cool to go abroad on a honeymoon, but that's a vacation by another name, for another time. For one thing, it's rather costly. For another, I'm not sure how romantic it is and everyone knows, you are supposed to showcase romance on a honeymoon, right? At least that's what four out of five brides on the board once said.

In an nutshell, here's what we have so far:

1. We want to take a cruise. Preferably to somewhere tropical.
2. We are leaning towards taking a cruise that leaves out of NJ or NY as to alleviate the additional cost of airfare.
3. We want to go on a reputable cruise line that has a good mix of passengers. (Hint: We don't want a senior cruise or one with too many kiddies).
4. Since we are getting married in August, we want to try and avoid the hurricane season, if at all possible.

This is what we know.

Now for what we don't know.

Pretty much...everything else.

I have done some shopping around online, but the fact of the matter is, I have no idea what a good deal is. I also don't know when the best time to book is. A good friend of mine, one who takes many cruises, tells me that now is as good a time as any. But we have to know what we are booking and who we are booking with before we can do that. See how it can become a a vicious, vicious cycle?

I don't know if there is such a thing as waiting "too long" to book your honeymoon, but considering I've never been married before (and don't plan on marrying again) I do want to do it right. Sure, I'll (hopefully) travel again in my lifetime, but since we've never gone on a cruise before and we don't like either extreme (of being idle or overstimulated) a cruise seemed like the best option, giving us a good mix of sand, surf and Captain Stubing, not necessarily in that order.

So if you have any top notch vacation destinations or advice, feel free to send it my way. Come aboard, I'm expecting you.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online