My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, December 17, 2007

Write Back Weekend Monday "No Partridge, No Pear Trees, Just the Facts"

Last weekend I asked for your thoughts on your perfect Christmas recipes. To reiterate and clarify, I wasn't asking you to contact your Aunt Betty and get the recipe for her special gingerbread cookies. No the kind of recipes I was looking for can't be store bought or cooked up from copying off a box. They're the types of recipes that are made with lots of love. These are the things that make your Christmas complete.

It's hard for me to put my finger on what makes a perfect Christmas I just know it's like a "greatest hits" of Christmases gone by. I definitely know there are elements that need to be present and accounted for. For instance, I know it isn't Christmas if there isn't family and friends. Any good Christmas also needs a good tree . It doesn't really matter if it's real or fake, it's the gesture that makes the difference to me.

When I think classic Christmas I also think of classic Christmas music. Although there hasn't been much in terms of the new and exciting in the last decade or so, I still love to dust off the old favorites each year and listen to them a few times. And although I don't like a lot of it, it is nice when there's a white dusting of snow on the ground around Christmas. I know there are plenty of people who celebrate Christmas in warm weather. I can't imagine this though other than Christmas time, I really wouldn't miss the cold weather at all.

For some reason any good recipe isn't complete without a pinch of this or a dash of that. My recipe is no exception. I'd add a dash of eggnog as I don't need a lot, but just like pumpkin pie is to Thanksgiving, one glass of eggnog serves me well at Christmas time. I'd also stir in a pinch of Christmas movies (my favorite Christmas classic is All I Want For Christmas), a showing of Frosty the Snowman and top it all of with an element of surprise and a sprinkle of laughter.

Of course before you blend it all together, you have to add in the final ingredient, the piece de resistance...the presents! Whether you are giving or receiving them, Christmas just isn't Christmas without celebrating something or someone. Sometimes the presents take center stage when the true meaning of the season is lost in the background. But if you get caught up in the spirit of giving, the season takes on a whole new meaning. Plus if you mix up all the ingredients together you'll quickly realize that one just isn't as good without the other one "present" and accounted for.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online