My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Write Back Weekend "Making Sense"

So here I am with the long overdue response to the week before last's TITMT question. I am pretty much back to normal in terms of my health, except for a stubborn, lingering cough I can't seem to get rid of. But enough about that.

The question in question was all about your senses, your hits and your misses.

Most Favorites


The things you are about to read about qualify as my most favorite in some way, shape or form. As with anything else, I'm sure the list is a lot longer than this, but it's a start anyhow.

Favorite Taste

Of course my favorite taste depends on the mood I'm in, but overall I prefer salty to sweet. I'm not really a typical dessert type person. I next to never would choose a piece of candy over a raw vegetable. I can't really tell you why, it's just how I roll. Unless of course it's (cover your ears, or eyes as the case may be, men) my time of the month.

Favorite Smells

I can go in two different directions with this one. I have always loved the smell of the laundry detergent aisle in the supermarket. I guess you could say I love the smell of clean. I love taking in the smell of my newly cleaned sheets for instance. It's addictive to me. It's also the reason why I'm greatly upset when I can't smell such things due to a cold like I went through last week.

But on the flip side, I also love the smell of good foods cooking. Newly baked bread is a good one, as are any type of baked goods. But really the smell of most foods, sans perhaps cabbage, cooking are pluses for me.

Favorite Touch

This might seem like an odd one, but I if I had to pick touches I like, I like the feeling of holding someone's hand whom I trust. I find that holding hands can be very comforting, calming and soothing. There's also a sense of protection that comes along with it, not to mention what it says to the outside world. But don't take my word for it. Just ask Angela Chase.

Favorite Sight

This is the trickiest one to answer because sight encompasses so many different things. I love the sight of some of my friends after not seeing them for awhile. I love to see people laugh heartedly. I love to see my favorite movie when I find it by accident on television one afternoon. I love to watch people's reactions to good news. I also love to watch things that don't know we're watching them like animals or babies. Just a whole hodge podge of stuff.

Favorite Sound

I love the sound of water. I like waves crashing on a beach, splashing in a pool or a fountain or waterfall overflowing. I know this sound can also make you want to pee. I feel it's a small price to pay though.

Least Favorites

At the risk of stating the obvious, this category is going to be restricted to things that I've actually experienced that I feel are awful, not awful in the traditional sense. For one thing, that's gross. For another, it's not realistic. So there.

Least Favorite Taste

I always hated the taste of cucumbers. Even worse than the taste of cucumbers is cucumbers when they are repeating. There are some instances I can tolerate eating cucumbers when they are mixed in with something else, but the repeating part after I'm done eating is what really does me in.

Least Favorite Smell


I don't know about anyone else's house, but the first time the heat is turned on when it starts to get colder, there is a good awful smell that permeates the house. Luckily it's temporary, but it really gets to me and makes me gag. I also incidentally, hate the smell of cigarette smoke because there's no escaping it, it's everywhere and it's cumbersome to get rid of to boot.

Least Favorite Touch

This might seem odd, but the one touch that comes to mind is the sensation of a fortune cookie on my fingers. I hate opening them. I do it all the time, though I rarely eat them, if only to get to the actual fortune. I do it begrudgingly so though, as a means to an end, because I really, truly hate that sensation.

Least Favorite Sight

I seriously hate seeing cruelty to animals. It makes me very sad, overwhelmingly so, even if it's just depicted on television and I know it isn't real. Maybe I was a dog or something in another life, I don't know. All I do know is that seeing animals being treated meanly or being ignored completely really does something to me. I think it's sadder to me than people because animals are completely at our mercy and can't defend themselves the way we can.

Least Favorite Sound

For some reason, it really, really irritates me when a fly whizzes past my ear. It bothers me so much to the point that it's a slow torture for me. It's even worse if you're stuck in a house with a dying flying because it's buzz gets louder as it struggles to live. I've been known to trap a fly or two in a room with the door closed when I can't get it to leave, simply because I need to put it, and me, out of their misery.

The other sound I hate is snoring. I'm a light sleeper and once a snorer has infiltrated my sleep system, rarely is there any going back. I know the snorer can't help it, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

So there you have it, my hits and misses, the abbreviated version. Thanks to the few of you who have been patient enough for me to get it posted!

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online