My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, September 20, 2004

My Favorite Time of Year

The weather starts to get a little bit colder. Kids start to go back to school. Leaves begin to change color and fall to the ground. We turn back our clocks. Growing up, these were all signs my favorite time of year was coming.

No silly, not autumn...it was new fall shows time!

Giddy with anticipation, I would always anxiously await the new Fall Preview TV Guide (like the self-appointed dork that I am) so that I could carefully map out which shows I planned to watch that year. I'd also take bets on which ones I was most looking forward to. These were also the programs most likely to be gone by week three or four. Incidentally this is usually just enough time for someone like me to get me hooked and inevitably end up screaming at the television set in despair once they remove said program from the lineup without giving it a fair chance.

Then, like clockwork, weeks, months or even years later, there are the write-ups about the "ones that got away" and wouldn't you know it, it's almost ALWAYS the shows that I told them (telepathically of course) NOT to cancel.

Here's the shortlist of a few of my personal faves that are gone, but not forgotten:

1. My So-Called Life
2. Relativity
3. Freaks and Geeks
4. Popular
5. Norm
6. Ellen
7. Cupid
8. Roswell
9. The Heights
10. That 80's Show

Now, in the case of My-So Called Life, Freaks and Geeks and even Popular someone, somewhere realized the error of their ways and now the shows are available to rent or buy on DVD. I realize that with numbers 9 & 10 I definitely lost some of my support. What can I say? If it makes you feel better, these shows only a mother could love.

Then there were the few shows they pretended to give a chance, but were on the chopping block almost the entire time they were on and thus changed time slots more than J-Lo changes husbands:

1. Once and Again
2. Felicity
3. Ed
4. Life Goes On

We all have our own personal lists. Your list, for instance, might be completely different than mine. Feel free to share...just as long as one of your faves isn't critics darling, The West Wing. Then I'm afraid we simply cannot be friends or at the very least, would have to agree to disagree.

Now that another fall is upon us, new series are cropping up everywhere. What will my new favorite be? What show will I hate and thus, stay on the air for seasons to come? Although it might sound cliche, I guess we'll just have to stay tuned...

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online