My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, December 20, 2004

Wedding Weekend: The Aftermath

Although there were some naysayers out there, rest assured I did the "right" thing and attended the rehearsal dinner on Friday. For those of you who are just dying to know if we actually rehearsed or not the answer is yes...and no.

See, I was given my reading that night, on the spot. I went up to the podium, read a line and sat back down. There was no actual run through. And as for all three readers? One got stuck in traffic so he never quite made it to the rehearsal, although he had the best of intentions. It's ok though because he was reading the Prayer of the Faithful, which the bride and groom still hadn't written yet.

See? I knew who I was dealing with.

On a good note, the rehearsal dinner was excellent. In fact, in the words of the bride, it was probably better than the wedding dinner. This was also due to the fact that the groom used to work at the restaurant back in the day and thus, was hooked up. The wedding itself also went well. There was no Rick Astley, although oddly enough, that would have pleased someone like me. They did play Human League's "Don't You Want Me?" though which for novelty alone, probably only excited yours truly. It was a live band. The couple took dance lessons and waltzed to Norah Jones's "Run Away With Me". There was no "Electric Slide". There was no "YMCA". There wasn't even a garter toss. Finally, one of my friends got it right.

There were, however, a lot of glitches. The bride's bouquet started falling apart...in the limo...on the way to the wedding. The photographer got zero, zilch pictures of the bride with her parents at the house. The photographers also demanded a hot meal instead of a vendor meal. There was supposed to be a limo bus but instead a stretch limo showed up. So they improvised. Five-year-old and eight-year-old ring bearers are ok sitting on the floor anyhow.

Back at work on Monday, I hear that the work Christmas party, you know, where I was supposed to be Friday night, was also a hit. In a perfect world I would have done both, but as the Rolling Stones once said you can't always get what you want.

I realize that for me, this is a ridiculously boring post. I just felt the need to tie up some loose ends. Have no fear. A winter break is looming on the horizon and with it, more time to write about making sensical of all that is nonsensical. Oh yeah, and reading other blogs too. That might be nice.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online