My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, June 03, 2005

One Way Or Another, I'm Gonna Getcha

In a year of broken cars, busted relationships and a brokedown classroom, I decided "Janet, you deserve a break today." Unfortunately, Mcdonalds wasn't exactly what I had in mind. No, I wanted to really treat myself. After all, they say if you want something done, you should do it yourself,right? Well in this case, I don't really have a choice. So who better to by myself an mp3 player than well, me.

About six months ago, purchasing an mp3 player was the farthest thing away from my mind. As much as I LOVE downloading and listening to music, I rarely have the time to sit down and listen when I'm at home. These days, I spend much more time enjoying my music while I'm on the move, namely in my car. So up until a few months ago I would just download songs, make a 140+ song cd, pop it in my mp3 stereo and call it a day.

Then the accident happened.

Although the car stereo was salvaged and could probably be reinstalled my new vehicle for a small fee, I started thinking a different route. I began toying around with getting an mp3 player, namely an ipod. I figured that while the car stereo was great and I missed it, I would sure love to have all my music with me so that if I decided to, let's just say, bring my pasty ass to the beach, I'd have my music there, too. So I thought my mind was all made up and then I realized the decision was not that simple. But really, what decision these days ever is.

As it turns out, there are many choices in the mp3 world, not to mention ipod choices alone. First there is the debate between the ipod mini and the regular ipod. I know both have their own pros and cons, but weighing them is another matter eniterly. For instance, the ipod, which holds about 5,000 sounds, is naturally the more expensive of the two. Meawhile the ipod mini saves you about 100 dollars, and it's smaller (duh) but it also holds less music, rougly 1,000 to 1,500 songs.

I know instantly that those of you reading this are going to be split into three camps:

1. ipod mini'ers- how much music do you need at one time, really?
2. ipoders- spring for the extra hundred, bigger is better.
3. I have no idea what the hell an mp3 is ers.

Then there is the little matter of functionality. I have always been a pc person although ipods are definitely a mac user's toy, first and foremost. Still they do make ipods and ipod mini's for the pc now. But what are all the extras and their costs? Do I need anything extra to hook it up to my stereo or laptop? How about charging it? And where do I get one of those tape adapters to hook it up in my car, the problem that started all of this shopping to begin with!?

As if those concerns weren't enough, I started looking into them and inadvertently stumbled upon the fact that there were a few worthy competitors in the mp3 arena. Here's just one website that attempts to seperate the men from the boys.

But if you've ever heard the phrase less is more, you would know what I am talking about. Is the ipod or the ipod mini really the best buy for my money or will I be paying more for the device and/or the extra goodies? Am I only going with ipod because it is the best known, but not necesarily the best? Or, in most cases, is there really something to be said for brand recognition?

So there you have it. I've come full circle. I want to get an mp3 player, but I'm not sure which product to go with. So go ahead, give me your advice. Put another quarter in the jukebox, baby.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online