My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Write Back Weekend "Coming Around Again"

On Tuesday I asked you the question:

What would you like to be reincarnated as and why?


Since this is a post all about getting a chance to redo things, I figured I might as well take this opportunity to repost the interesting answers I received:

MCF said (and Kestrel agreed): "If it were possible, I'd come back as myself, but only if I could retain all knowledge from my first time around."

Nat chimed in: "I don't buy that reincarnation mumbo-jumbo, but if I did, I'd like to come back as a drop-dead gorgeous, rich, kindly Hawaiian woman and live in paradise."

Dan replied: "I'd come back as a boardgame. If only so that the little pieces of me hurt when you stepped on me."

Dawn gave us: "My cats. They're spoiled little babies. But seriously? hmmm, how about Vanessa Paradis - I mean she's married to JOHNNY DEPP!"

Whimsy Chick shared: "Assuming my campaign to become the next God(dess) doesn't go as planned, I'd like to come back as God(dess). Why? Because I think I could do a much better job than the current god(s).I guess my second choice would be to come back as a dolphin."

Sayre exclaimed: "A four-legged animal that RUNS! I've always wanted to know what that feels like. My cats make it look so effortless! Then I'd like to be a large bird and soar high above the earth, riding thermals. No man-made contraption gets the feel of that just right...And if none of those were available - I'd like to be Santa."

Celise told us: "I'd like to come back as me, but financially richer.To the point where I never, ever, ever, have to work another day in my life. I could write and travel to my heart's content."

Sara replied: "I think a turtle. Cause I saw one on the way to work today. And I'm pretty convinced it was a sign!"

Catmentioned: "Why the fuck would I want to come back to this hell hole? I'm praying this is my last trip!"

Ms. Cornelius teased: "Well, I'm going up, up up, baby, beacuse I've been assured I have an old soul, which means I am a slow learner, but I'm gonna get to make it official and be at least a demigoddess. Otherwise, I wanna be Professor McGonagall."

Becky wondered: "I have to admit that I'm curious to see what it's like on the male side of the species."

Tim stated: "If I can choose what I am reincarnated as, I think I'll choose a wildflower."

and finally Matt wished to: "Another human being. Male. Good looking. with good genes."

Now on to what I'd like to come back as. Before I read all of your responses, I had a few things in mind:

First I thought I'd like to return as an animal, preferably a dog, cat, talking bird, monkey or chimp. I chose these animals because sometimes I swear they have a sixth sense. In fact, you've ever been around any animal for that matter that seems to act like a human, you know what I'm talking about.

One time, on Animal Planet, I watched this great show about therapy llamas. They talked about this one llama that lived with them that they let wander the house from time to time. Almost everytime he'd come in the house, he'd gravitate towards the mirror. Oh sure, he'd walk back and forth as if he was trying to make it look he wasn't looking at himself, just like a human would do, but he was. Finally he just stopped and stared. I wondered what was going on in his brain as I do when I watch most animals. I wonder what makes them tick and if they were ever ticking before.

Then I thought if I could choose anything else to return as I think I'd choose to be a member of the opposite sex. This is because men and women always say they wish the other sex knew what it was like for them. And the truth of the matter is, Tootsie just doesn't cut it. I can't state objectively who has it rougher because I've only ever been a woman. Or have I? Which brings us to the other problem with reincarnation. Just because it happens again, doesn't mean we know it's happened to us before. Damn you, deja vu!

Finally I agreed with MCF's idea of returning as yourself. As we are told over and over, we are doomed to repeat our mistakes until we learn from them. They say it about history, why can't the same adage apply to humans? Maybe we do come back as ourselves over and over, only the 2.0 version of ourselves is equipped with the equivalent of a patch that fixes the quirks in the original version. But no version is perfect just yet so you keep returning until you get it right. Maybe you're always you, or maybe you're in someone else's body but your soul is you. It's all kind've exciting when you think about it.

In fact, remind me to read this post again, in my next life.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online