My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, August 11, 2006

Much To Do But Doing Nothing

As we rapidly approach mid August I am reminded of the fact that summer's end is upon us. Although I never have much going on, summer always comes and goes too fast and with it, the promise of the cool things undone that never came.

It's also pretty embarrassing how I can manage to piss away over six weeks without doing anything productive. Of course I've done my share of run-on blogging, not knowing when to say "when". But even the goals I set for this blog this summer have managed to go unfulfilled:

1. Get my Cafe Press store up and running.
2. Learn how to take Tell It To Me Tuesday to the next level.
3. Fix my Blogger Chicks and Blogging Chicks code fonts and create pretty little boxes.
4. Be plucked from obscurity.

Unfortunately all of the above are games where you need two players or more to a novice like myself.

I have, however, wasted more time than I care to admit procrastinating by doing things like needlessly tivoing and giving into my voyeuristic tendencies by browsing one too many My Space profiles. I am addicted to adding "imaginary friends" such as Burger King and The Golden Girls. I'm the first to admit I am easily amused.

Even the school work that I promised to get a headstart on has been cast aside. I brought home new teacher manuals that I truly am excited to use, but haven't cracked them open since. At first I just needed a break. Now I'm just too lazy to imagine all the work that lies ahead of me.

Speaking of work, this week was the first time I headed back into the classroom to begin the process of setting up. Although I always try to ease in slowly, I usually get overwhelmed and kick into OHMYGODIHAVESOMUCHTODOHOWIWILLIDOITALL?! mode.

The only thing truly enjoyable about getting ready for the school year, at least at my school, is the opening of all of the supplies that came over the summer. It's a lot like Christmas morning, only with teaching posters, tools and gadgets. Finding a place to put them all is another story altogether.

Now here's where I confuse even myself. August is the time of year where I historically have dreaded going back to school, whether it be as a student or teacher, but at the same time I'm ready for the summer to be over because I am aware that I have entirely too much time on my hands.

I guess you could call me a grass is greener type of person. When I'm busy, I long for downtime, but when I get the time I just don't know what to do with myself.

Case in point, this pointless post.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online