My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, January 28, 2008

Write Back Weekend "It Was the Best Of 365 Days, It Was the Worst 365 Days"

For the record, I tried to post this yesterday, but Blogger was just not cooperating. :(

Last week's Razzie nominations inspired me to ask the question...

What do you think were the worst performances of the year? In the name of expansion this could be the worst movie or acting in a movie, worst TV show or even worst album or song. Feel free to write as little or as much that comes to mind.

As usual with loaded questions like these, thinking up the question poses no challenge, having the time to actually answer it is another matter entirely. I can't help it. I take my TITMT answers seriously. I can give you any old answer here, but I do try to give thoughtful ones. So when I have to dig deep to think of the worst of the year, I have to really dig deep. I just want to be so careful not to forget anyone, ya know? Still, for brevity's sake, I decided to pick just one choice for each category. Also, for my own sanity's sake, I've decided to go with the first thing that hits me. I'm sure there were better (or worse as the case may be) but this is my story and I'm sticking to it...for the purpose of this post anyway.


Worst Popular Album of 2007


Lost Highway- Bon Jovi Being from Jersey and all I might take some heat for this, but I just don't get the new Bon Jovi. He's all countried out and mellow. What's up with that? And by the way, when I say new, I really mean the last ten years or so. I dug his solo, Midnight in Chelsea phase a bit and It's My Life grew on me after the zillonth time. But nothing, and I do mean nothing, holds a candle to classic, full on hair band eighties rock days of Bon Jovi's heyday. Nothing.

Worst Television Show of 2007

Going with my knee jerk reaction here I have to choose ABC'sCavemen. I'm not even sure if it's still on the air. Then again, is anything really these days? I hate this show and although I've never seen it, I know enough about it to know I never need to, ever. It's a show that was born out of lack of originality. It's like that guy you knew who took a joke that was mildly amusing at a party once and just dragged in on for years and years. I mean I love the Burger King commercials, but even I know I need not add plot and 20 more minutes the mix. Duh.

Worst Movie of 2007


Again, so hard to choose just one here but I'm going to go with one I saw this time around. After careful consideration I think I'm going to go with the train wreck of a film, I Know Who Killed Me, which appropriately starred Lindsay Lohan. This is the story of a girl who gets kidnapped, or does she? She loses her mind, or not. She has a twin, perhaps. She lives, she doesn't. Basically it's all very confusing. It's premise is so ridiculous it's one of those you have to see it to believe it scenarios. Suffice it to say that it's akin to the accidents you pass on the road. You want to look away, but somehow you just can't.

I could go on and on, but considering this is late and I'm very tired, I'm lucky I got it up here at all. Plus talking about all of this suckage makes my brain hurt. Must. Move. On.

Here's to hoping 2008 will be better. Stay tuned...

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online