My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Get Right Back To Where We Started From

You don't have to say it, in fact I'll say it for you.

I've been a bad, bad blogger.

I remember when I used to visit other blogs and marvel at their "here today, gone tomorrow" approach to blogging. It baffled my mind that someone could be SO busy that the blog they once loved and coddled as if it was one of their own children (okay, maybe the analogy is a bit extreme but some people really love their blogs, k?) could just abandon it like that.

And then it happened to me. My name is Janet and I've been an absentee blogger.

As I've stated in the past I do have somewhat of a defense. To recap, I had a pretty busy year. In a nutshell, I got engaged, my mom got cancer, I got married, I moved out and I became a home owner. I'm not trying to dismiss the importance of any of these events, it's just that I've typed it all before so there's no need to rehash it here, especially when present day blogging is the thing of essence.

But I have to admit something. Even in my downtime, I still did not have a strong desire to get back to blogging. This is why I put myself on a self-induced blogging break. A fast of sorts, if you will. I had to walk away for awhile for my own sanity and in order to not hate blogging completely. You see with everything else going on, blogging began to feel like somewhat of a chore. It became a job writing and responding on a regular basis, so much so that I began to resent "having to" blog.

Actually, if you knew me in real life you'd know how hard it is for me to admit something like that. I pride myself on spreading myself too thin at times. I'd rather be busy than sedentary and as a result, sometimes I bite off more than I can chew. Over the years this blog has been so many things to me. It's been a release of random thoughts and personal feelings in equal parts. It's also been a gathering of sorts where I've "met" many of you and got to know you in ways I would never have imagined. I have made friends on here that have stood by me even in my self-imposed sabbatical understanding that just like Chicago once said, "everybody needs a little time away".

But perhaps most of all blogging has given me self-awareness and validity as a writer. I love that so many of you have enjoyed my posts and that at one time, this little old blog was actually pretty darn popular. But I quickly grew to realize that being popular in high school and being popular in blog land were probably a lot alike. In fact, now I understand a bit when Dave Chappelle said he had to walk away from it all. Okay, maybe AOGB was never the next Chappelle show, but still they both had to have mentioned Wayne Brady at some time or another.

So here we are again and the question is where do we go from here. Well, one thing I am not going to do is make any promises. I also know I'm not now, nor will I ever, abandon AOGB completely. Come to think of it, that sounds a lot like a promise, doesn't it? Oh well I blew it and already lied...to myself.

Okay, but from this paragraph on I'm not making any promises. I mean it. You can't make me! Instead I'm going to tell you what I want this blog to be. I want it be a casual version of what it was before. I hope to post at least once a week so it doesn't seem so hard to catch up that I won't want to do it. I want to find a balance between blogging and living, living and blogging. I want to be a more spontaneous blogger. As it is I had no intention of sitting down to write this post tonight. It just hit me that it was the thing to do and the time to do it. I like that feeling. It's one I want to make last.

So there you have it. AOGB has been down, but it's not out. It's going to take some time to earn back your readership and your trust, but heck, Rome wasn't built in a day either. So, if you want to take this laid back journey with me, where ever it takes us, just jump in for the ride.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online