My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, September 23, 2004

The H is O (a.k.a. The Heat Is On)

To quote the immortal words of Jerry Orbach in Dirty Dancing, "And I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong."

So, what am I wrong about this week?

Well, I'm talking about NBC's latest season of Last Comic Standing: Battle of the Comics. In the beginning of the summer, for all you old timers out there, I blogged about how lame this season's funny factor was compared to last season's. As it turns out, Howard Jones was wrong when he said "No One Ever Is To Blame". In fact, there is
someone to blame and that's the editing department over at NBC, who were obviously more concerned with hyping the "we don't get along factor" then showing us most of the real comedy.

But bygones are byones now as season two has stepped it up winning not one, not two, not three, but FOUR, consecutive season to season challenges. This is due to the likes of comedians like Alonzo Bodden, Gary Gulman, Jay London and the deserved (for a change) season 2 winner, John Heffron. Hell, even Kathleen Madigan has actually been funny. Where were they hiding her silly side all summer?

Meanwhile, in season one territory, things are growing stale. They have strong contenders in Rich Vos and Dave Mordal and occassionally Tess and Geoff Brown, but even those folks can't pull the dead weight of Sean Kent, Tere Joyce and Rob Cantrell and even, dare I say it, the first season winner, Dat Phan. This is especially true when it seems that most of the comics haven't developed new material lately, period.

I guess that's the only way I'd truly be satisfied. If I saw each comic, head to head and they DEMANDED new material each week. Only then would we truly be able to seperate the men from the boys.

Meanwhile, on CBS, another season of The Amazing Race came to a close. I can't really compare this season to previous seasons considering I never watched the show before. All I can say is that Satan's lovebirds, "Colin and Christie" are pure evil incarnate. There's nothing like a little roping of cattle or whatever the hell they were doing that one week to bring out the evil
in ya. I'm still having nightmares about them, but at least they didn't win the money. I liked Brandon and Nicole just fine... well minus Nicole that is. That, and the ongoing, "loosely affiliated when it's convenient" God factor.

But when all was said and done, we had our winners, Chip and Kim, who got by nearly the ENTIRE season with Chip pulling the weight for his team all by himself. I mean did Kim ever talk... or do anything, for that matter...that helped them? Still, I'm glad they won. All and all they were good people. Then again, almost anybody up against Colin and Christie would come across that way.

Lucky for us, in a few weeks we have a new season of Amazing Race starting to fill in the gaps where an actual life should be.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online