My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, December 27, 2004

Solitaire's The Only Game In Town

I'm gonna hit you baby one more time with another "Merry Christmas"! I hope it was a good one for you and yours. Mine went swimmingly, thank you very much. No big gifts or surprises to speak of this year. Instead, the biggest "gift" I've gotten this Christmas season is something I didn't have to unwrap. This the beloved game of solitaire. I think my feelings on this discovery can be best summed up by a lyric from a Survivor eighties power ballad: "The search is over, you were with me all the while".

I know what you're thinking. How can you have JUST discovered the game of solitaire? I don't know, and frankly, I've been asking myself that very same question the past few days. I mean it's not like I've never heard of solitaire before. I've seen other people play it. I've heard the likes of Laura Branigan, Neil Sedaka and Clay Aiken sing about it (though not directly). And as an only child who was often forced to find her own solo, reindeer games, I'm as shocked and appalled by this as the next guy.

I guess it's true when they say there are two roads to take when traveling in life. I took the one that was less traveled, and now I'm a solitaire apprentice. Thanks bunches, Robert Frost.

First I just played a few games of solitaire out of curiosity. You know, the way many teenagers take a drag off a cigarette. But just like those kids who play around with cancer sticks, I was hooked before too long. In the last few days I've played solitaire numerous times. I even played it looking over the shoulder of another person, which defeats the purpose of the game SOLITAIRE completely, but I digress.

At first I was playing it on a Palm Pilot because let's be honest, everything old seems new again when you get use a new toy. But the great thing being is that solitaire was really indeed new to me. And it's everywhere. Got a deck of cards? Bam! Have a computer? Voila! And now, there's simply no going back to the way things were before. I can't go for that.

Oh no, no can do.

So instead of being extra productive I've found yet another escape that can take away from the little time that I have. This can be found in the encyclopedia of life, filed under "stress relievers and procrastination tools" see: BLOGGING.



 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online