My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, January 21, 2005

9 Great Things About I Love The 90's...1992 & 1993: Part Deux

1992
1. "Bruce Willis actually named each of his kids after one of the gladiators." (Greg Fitzsimmons on the American Gladiators craze)

2. "House of Pain had Jump Around and Kris Kross had their jump song. I think it was nostalgia for 1984 when Van Halen had their song Jump and The Pointer Sisters had Jump (For Your Love). So, I think they were thinking, let's have some more jump songs!" (Weird Al Yankovic)

3. "I questioned in my mind why Bridget Fonda would want to be with the Matt Dillon character. He wasn't real bright. He wasn't real nice. This is my advice to Bridget Fonda in Singles: Why don't you drop that zero and get with a HERO!" (Michael Ian Black)

4. "Basically this is a primer if you want to know how crazy women are and how stupid men are." (Hal Sparks on the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus)

5. "Waiting on a line. Wait a second. There's a line for this chick?! He's waiting on a line to be be with this girl. Not to date her. To BE with her. Does this chick have a deli number system or something?" (Hal Sparks on Mr. Big's hit song To Be With You)

6. "The controversy with Cop Killer was that some people don't think that cops should be killed." (Modern Humorist on Ice-T's controversial rap song, Cop Killer)

7. "I wasn't that upset about it. I mean if she had ripped up a picture of Chewbacca I would have been upset because I really, really like Chewbacca." (Michael Ian Black on Sinead O' Connor's ripping up the picture of the Pope on SNL)

8. "Northern Exposure. That show. Very popular show. I was going to watch it and then I got a phone call and then I got distracted and then I started to make myself a sandwich and then I missed the entire series. It was on for like 8 years or something like that?" (Some dude I didn't catch the name of)

9. "She sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher goes to the Dominican Republic and smokes a joint." (Tommy Davidson on Rosie Perez)

1993

1. "Stallone succeeds in the physical realm. Run. Jump. Climb. Hit. Shoot. Duck. He's good at that. But when he has to like, emote? It doesn't really always sell." (Henry Rollins)

2. "Much like the VH1 I Love The... series. It just keeps going, and going and going..." (Beth Littleford on the Energizer Bunny)

3. "The Proclaimers. I know them you see because they're Scottish. We all live in the same village." (Craig Ferguson on 500 Miles singers, The Proclaimers)

4. "This is a compilation of sort of feel good stories to make you feel not as worthless as you really might be." (Michael Ian Black on Chicken Soup for the Soul books)

5. "The military should be all gay. The Navy already is. Honey, we're going out on the boat! It's gonna be like six months. I know it sucks. What are you gonna do?" (Michael Ian Black)

6. "What people don't realize is they weren't just insane. They were insane in the membrane- and that's a special kind of insane." (Bil Dwyer on Cypress Hill's hit, Insane in the Membrane)

7. "This movie was a big stretch for Johnny Depp because he was playing a weird loner." (Modern Humorist on What's Eating Gilbert Grape)

8. "Juliette Lewis, who's always semi-retarded. I mean I know she's not technically retarded, but she's got that kind of retarded look about her." (Kathy Griffin)

9. "When it rains for 13, 14 days in a row, you know you might want to move the photo albums to a higher shelf." (Michael Ian Black on the midwest floods)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online