My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, March 10, 2005

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming

First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has stopped by and sent well wishes my way. I am trying to catch up on all things blogging, but crashing your car is surprisingly unsettling. Who woulda thunk it? I also tried to stop by many of your blogs today, but many Blogger blogs would not let me "make the dropoff". If you happen to be one of those people who I couldn't swing by, be forewarned, my visit is just a matter of time. Blogger time, but time nonetheless.

Now, on with the news. The damages to my car were estimated at $6,000. Now for those of you who don't know (which was me up until 5 hours ago) $7,000 is when they total it. So now I have what I think is a hard decision to make. If it had been 7 the decision would have been made for me but noooo. Now I have to decide to fix or not to fix, that is the question.

Right after I crashed my car I had a zillion questions, the big one being how bad would the damages be. My dad told me not to worry about it. He also was taking care of the calls for me because it's extremely hard to do those types of things from school, especially the week before the BIG TEST. So I gave him my number at school to keep me in the loop.

Only he never used it. So I come home and he tells me about the damages. He also tells me he originally told them to go ahead and fix it, since he knew that was what I wanted. But he called back and told them not to. Only problem is, the guy already had ordered the parts. So now he told the guy he'd tell him by tomorrow morning.

I know he had the best of intentions but now I feel like it's ROCKMEHARDPLACE. With a decision such as this, I really wanted to have a little bit of time to think it over. If I took the cash payout and put it towards another car, what kind of deal could I get? BUT if I got the car fixed, would it be worth it? I mean what specifically was wrong with the car? Dad said there was a list of things: the fender, the tires, the hood, the steering column...but he doesn't think the frame. Doesn't think. Well, I think doesn't think doesn't cut it. I want to know. I want to know so I can make an informed decision.

I feel like I'm on a game show where I have to make the split second decision between door number 1 and door number 2. If they would only give me a weekend to decide, then at least I'd have a little bit of time to digest it all and put it into perspective.

Here are a few facts for you.

My car: 2001 Ford Focus
Mileage: about 36,000
Condition before accident: Excellent
Feeling you get from driving on an open, dry road: Priceless

So, what would you do? Take the 5,500 and put it towards a new car or take the money and get the old one fixed?

Consider it an emergency Tell It To Me Tuesday if you must. Only don't feel offended if I don't take your advice. I will, however, be willing to take your money. Just kidding. Eh, no I'm not.:)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online