My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, July 11, 2005

Stella Gots Its Groove With Black

Anyone who has read this blog for awhile knows I take my coffee like I take my men.

Black.

Michael Ian Black, that is.

In fact, I just noticed that the past few summers were sprinkled with MIB memories. Much of this was due in part to his classic VH1 Best of...contributions, most of which were painstakingly (and pathetically) transcribed here. No need to thank me.

So I figured summer should be no exception and thanks to Comedy Central, it's not going to be. This is because they recently premiered the long awaited (ok, perhaps I was the only one who was longly awaiting, but still) new comedy, Stella.

Stella is a three man (Michael Showalter, David Wain and Black, all formerly of the late great, The State) comedy show that has actually been on tour for quite some time now before being developed into a television program. I'm guessing it was semi-successful to have a show developed after it, but then again this is Comedy "I'm With Busy" Central, so I guess they'll give anything a shot if it's just offbeat enough to have that perfect blend of weirdness and brilliance.

And if weird is what you're looking for, then look no further than Stella. One episode in and I found myself at times, doubled over with laughter and other times, scratching my head with confusion. Two episodes in and the humor started winning me over, by a hair. A few years from now I'll, no doubt, shriek with glee when I find it on reruns on...where else? Comedy Central.

See I know MIB is an acquired taste. You gotta like odd and offbeat to like him. Hell you gotta be somewhat odd and offbeat to like him. So guess what that makes me? But have no fear, even if Stella somehow manages to overcome the basic cable network odds to stay on past 6 episodes, or if it's not hailed for being truly genius until it has it's own 4 DVD box set, I will still stand by MIB and company all the way.

And eventually quote the hell out of it too, no doubt.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online