My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Too Cool For School

Has anyone been watching Tommy Lee Goes to College? Damn you Tommy Lee! You made me love you. I didn't wanna do it. I didn't wanna do it.

The premise is simple; kid at heart, bad boy rocker Tommy Lee makes good by going to college. Watch as Tommy Lee enrolls in complicated classes like Intro to Chemistry and Engineering. See him go through the struggles of finding that perfect roommate and waking up on time. Laugh with Tommy as he gets a tutor, young enough to be his daughter, but hot enough to be...his daughter.

Then the awful truth came crashing down around me.

In a Yahoo article on the show:

"Tommy Lee Goes to College finds its titular 42-year-old rocker sort-of attending the University of Nebraska (he didn't really enroll) for the purposes of a sort-of realistic view of campus life (more than a few of the bits are staged)."

Immediately a few choice words popped out at me, from "He didn't really enroll" to "staged". As a result, I had a few choice words of my own, "What the %$!?"

Here's the thing. I completely understand that much of reality television is based around implausible premises. I even fully expected a degree of Tommy Lee Goes To College to be fabricated. But part of the fabrication is his actual enrollment? Why not just call it Tommy Lee Visits College and call it a day?

I'm not naive. I didn't expect Tommy to graduate or even attend past the semester, but I think it would have actually been funnier to see Tommy really have a go at it. Instead we get a bunch of offbeat moments that make Tommy Lee seem, dare I say, charming and innocent. Don't laugh, they did.

Now I'm left to wonder. How much of it was real at all? Now that I know he didn't enroll, I'm assuming he didn't really stay on campus or even possibly really try out for the band and mess it all up, only to be triumphant in the end. It's all just too much to take.

I'm no fool. I know reality tv isn't perfect. But in the future, I'd like my reality tv with at least a side order of reality. Is that too much to ask?

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online