My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, August 22, 2005

Don't Go There

I'm still looking for guest bloggers for September for AOGB. Remember, there are no rules! You can blog about almost anything. Also, if time constraints are an issue, have no fear. You can submit a post that you've already written that you simply want to share with a different audience. The whole point in this is to help your blog too, since y'all will be helping me.:)
If you need any clarification or are simply DYING to be included, do not hesitate to contact me at janet@theartofgettingby.com


This one time I blogged about my recent fascination with the cat. Not a tomcat or an overgrown, jungle cat like a cheetah or a lion. No, just your run of the mill, everyday house cat, it's own little wonder of the world.

So in that respect, you might as well consider this post a piggyback to my last one as cats continue to intrigue me. I knew a cat that lived in a small, one bedroom apartment for about six months and just like a good little cat, she used her litterbox when she needed to relieve herself, so to speak. Incidentally, I don't know what it is about watching a cat poop that is so cute. Babies and cats get away with shit like that. Nobody or nothing else though, never.

I think cats are fun to watch when they poop because they have this whole burial ceremony each and every time. It's almost as if they are admitting that their shit stank, and they are trying their best to not be offensive to those around them. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty damn upstanding.

But then you take this cat out of the apartment and you put her in a house and all the rules changed. Now the cat used the litterbox, when she wanted to. In addition, she decided to "christen" the newly carpeted, yet to be furnished second bedroom of the house. Now I don't know why this is. Perhaps cats are just more territorial than we all realized and maybe she's like one of those new cast members when they first arrive at the house on Real World, claiming a bedroom to call her own. Or maybe, just maybe, the grey carpeting reminded he of her litterbox and since said room isn't furnished yet, she actually thought it was a huge litterbox built in her honor. After all, cats are nothing if not egocentric.

Yet, stopping a cat from shitting where you don't want them to is about as possible as stopping Joan Rivers from being annoying. In other words, short of some sort of miracle, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. In the meantime, however, the cat smell is now in the new carpet, which only served to draw the cat to the room (even if the door is closed) all the more.

But this is not where the strangeness stops. This particular cat also has a vested interest in your time in the people's bathroom. You don't even have to be using the facilities. All you need is to have the door open a crack and my my, look what the cat dragged in...herself.

Each and every time the cat came in the bathroom though she insisted on jumping up and sitting on the windowsill. This wouldn't be so strange if you found her there when you went in but no, she only went there after you entered the bathroom. Downstairs the transition from floor to windowsill ain't that bad because she had a toilet tank as an in between point. But upstairs? She had to make a huge leap, always hitting herself in the process. I don't care what you say about cats, that's gotta hurt.

Finally there's the mystery of the cat and the plastic bag. I don't know about the cats you know, but this cat hated plastic bags to the point where I'm beginnning to think there must be some truth to past lives considering I can't think of anything traumatic that has happened to the cat in this life to warrant such behavior. All it takes is the rustle of one for the cat to practically have convulsions, running around in circles, sometimes into walls, all in an effort to avoid the big, bad...bag.

As usual, I don't know why this is. It could be nothing. Or it could just be that cats were smarter than we ever realized. That, and there is some truth to the saying, the cat's out of the bag.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online