My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Man, The Myth, The Dressing

I have a confession to make. I heart Paul Newman.

Now I know I'm not alone here. A lot of people love Paul for his piercing blue eyes and his strong, yet vulnerable leading man track record in movies such as Cool Hand Luke and Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. And I mean don't get me wrong his performances are great...but that's not important now.

No, I'm in love with Mr. Newman for an entirely different reason. I'm in love with him for one reason and one reason only: his salad dressings.

For those of you who have never tried a Newman's Own Salad Dressing let me just be the first to say, "You have no idea what you are missing!" Sure, I haven't tried them all, but I don't have to to know that that Newman kicks ass and takes names with spices as much, if not more than he ever did with screen chemistry. If there was ever a man who could successfully mix oil and vinegar, Newman would be it.

Although Newman's Own has been around a short while, he apparently started making and giving it out back in the early eighties. I can just picture it now: Cut to scene, Paul Newman, headed to Steven Spielberg's house for Chanukah. Robin Williams shows up with a bottle of kosher wine, again, but Newman, he dares to be different, showing up with a homemade, red wine and vinegar that has the likes of Jo Beth Williams and Debra Winger singing his praises in no time.

And the rest, they say, was history.

Launching a successful chain of dressings might be tricky if you were just a kooky novice who liked to "experiment" in the basement. But if you're a kooky novice named Paul Newman, the garlic and herbs practically come to you, as does the revenue. Just think about it: How many people have probably purchased a Newman's Own product over the years just because they saw the man himself endorsed it? It's a no brainer. Attach a big name to a project and you'll have big money.

While we're on the topic of big money, let me just tell you another great reason to make Newman's Own, your own: Newman's Own (the company) has given over $150 million to charities since 1982. Infact, according to his website, "Paul Newman, as sole owner of Newman's Own®, donates all his profits and royalties after taxes for educational and charitable purposes." Why? Because he's Paul freakin' Newman that's why and quite frankly, he can! Sure a lot of celebrities talk about giving back but do they ever really? One never knows. But with Newman, he puts his money where his mouth is, literally.

As if their kick ass dressings weren't enough, they now also make a variety of products including pasta sauce, steak sauce, popcorn, salsa, lemonade and fruit juice cocktail. Hell, if you play your cards right you can have a whole Newman themed party, complete with food AND entertainment. I don't know about you, but I don't know many people who you can enjoy in more ways than one AT the same time.

For that reason alone, Newman is both a man and a marinade to be reckoned with.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online