My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, October 28, 2005

Eight Great Things About I Love The 80's 3D: 1980 & 1981

1980

1. "I'm not gonna tell you that I became a performer because of the movie Fame because that would be gay. But I'm not gonna not tell you that." (Michael Ian Black)

2. "Back In Black is saying they turned a profit this quarter. Ok, you're out of debt. You're back in black. Congratulations. You don't have to scream about it!" (Mo Rocca on AC/DC)

3. "It's like trying to play a video game with your ipod. It's really, really hard." (Michael Ian Black on Intellivision)

4. ON MY BODYGUARD, the movie "They couldn't do this movie today because it would be like, 'Oh. You've got a bodyguard? Well I've got a gun. Say hello to my little friend!'" (Modern Humorist)

"Listen Peach. If you don't give me your lunch money there's gonna be hell to pay. I'm gonna make you watch One Night at McCool's. I'm not joking around man!" (Justin Long)

5. On CHRISTOPHER CROSS'S SAILING "I remember the first time I heard Sailing. I thought when did Kermit get his own solo album?" (Hal Sparks)

"I present the implication in Sailing that it's an easy sport. That it's a dream and the wind to carry me and soon I will be free. Not so. You've gotta trim the sail. You've gotta raise the jib. It's a very difficult sport." (Mo Rocca)

6. ON FASHION PLATES "It was for kids with no artistic talent whatsoever. Oh look! I'm drawing! No actually you're doing a charcoal. Really it's not the same thing." (Hal Sparks)

"Fashion Plates gave aspiring designers a false sense of security. I mean these models if you will, were very tame. They weren't coked up. They weren't throwing things. This isn't the fashion world."
(Mo Rocca)

7. "They should have gone with the original title which was Statutory Rape." (Jeniffer Irwin, LIttle Darlings)

8. "Ok, what's better. Pepsi or Coke? As if you're watch tv and go, I'm gonna go with what THAT guy likes!" (Ilan Gold)

1981

1. ON CIRCUS OF THE STARS "Willie Aames would do a juggling act. Wow. he aims to please."

"You know what I'd like to see? Dana Plato walking a tight rope. Talk about foreshadowing!" (Bill Dwyer)

"You couldn't find a cheesier group of people to throw on a trampoline."
(Kathleen Madigan)

2. ON LOVERBOY'S WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND "It's ironic that Loverboy are representing the working man here. People who wear red leather pants generally work during the weekends as hustlers." (Mo Rocca)

"You know, it's a really sad commentary when that's what people in our society are working for. I would hope it would be for self fulfillment. That's what I do this for." (Michael Ian Black)

3. "Maybe if there had been actual chariots and fire in that movie it would have been interesting." (Bil Dwyer on Chariots of Fire)

4. "They were boring toys but they were excellent choking hazards- and that's fun." (Michael Ian Black on Penny Racers)

5. ON THE MANDRELL SISTERS SHOW "The sisters were like Barbara Mandrell light." (Rachael Harris)

"Arlene was, in fact, just a giant sock puppet who just looked very lifelike."
(Mo Rocca)

6. "Oh my God was she sexy! Which is odd because she speaks like a man." (Willie Carson on Kathleen Turner in Body Heat)

7. "This is good for people who want to feel really good about themselves who do crossword puzzles. Oh. I do mine in pen. I'm really smart." (Michael Ian Black on Eraser Mates)

8. "Doesn't it happen all the time? Cause all I ever see is a little fat black woman, running around, ruling white people. That's what I see." (Patrice O' Neal on Nell Carter on Gimme A Break)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online