My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Eight Great Things About I Love The 80's 3D: 1984 & 1985

1984

1.ON RED DAWN "What classes are taught at that high school that suddenly they know how to operate artillery, they know how to drop bombs..." (John Heffron)

"Swayze and Grey were like, 'You know, this is awesome, but this movie just doesn't have enough gay dancing in it!" (Chris Hardwick)

2. "Why one night in Bangkok? Like you wouldn't even get over your jet lag. That can't be any fun. It's like one night in Bangkok and I slept all night!?" (Modern Humorist)

3. ON LIVE AID "It was a nice thing that we did. They did. The Brits did. We didn't do anything. We did We Are The World. We had Dan Ackroyd singing." (Michael Ian Black)

"Everyone remembers Bono's line: 'Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you. Well, that's a sweet, Christmasy sentiment if I ever heard one." (Hal Sparks)

4. "They were going through that phase where you didn't know if they were gonna be handsome or cute, so they kept the camera far away." (Loni Love on New Edition)

5. "Designer shoelaces were amazing. Shoelaces were a blank canvas screaming out for art." (Mo Rocca)

6. "They weren't really very smart because eventhough they had snorkels they kept them fully submerged s they ran a high risk of drowning." (Mo Rocca on the cartoon, The Snorkels)

7. "Ashton Kutcher's going nowhere Ed McMahon hasn't been before- and I'm including Demi Moore in that statement." (Michael Ian Black's take on Bloopers and Practical Jokes)

8. "Steve Guttenberg was one of those cute but not too cute, funny but not certainly not too funny actors." (Michael Ian Black)

1985

1. "Very few human beings in Bob Ross paintings. Why? Because people are scum.....You try taking a puddy knife and burnt umber and see what you get. He got an entire mountain vista. What I get is it looked like I had the runs on the canvas." (Michael Ian Black on Bob Ross paintings)

2. "It was like the lips versus no lips. It was amazing." (Hal Sparks on Jagger and Bowie's duet of Dancing In the Streets)

3. "It was an autobiographical song about him calling Billy Joel to get tips about being an unattractive solo artist." (Greg Fitzsimmons take on Phil Collins's hit, Billy Don't Lose My Number)

4. ON MY BUDDY, THE DOLL "My Buddy! Is it called your buddy? No! It's called My Buddy so keep your hands off!" (Modern Humorist)

"Every doll is a little freaky if you viewed it through the wrong prism. Every doll is a friend when viewed through the right prism. My buddy is a friend." (Michael Ian Black)

5. "I wrote Eat It because I wanted to buy a house. It worked." (Weird Al Yankovic)

6. "She fell in love with this guy Rick who was just her friend and looked 37 but was still in high school." (Hal Sparks on Just One of the Guys)

7. "If I won the Oscar I would probably have the same exact reaction. Mine would have been shock and maybe a little utter disgust. You like me? You really like me?!"

8. "Nothing has sounded so terrible at a football game until Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl." (Alan Thicke on Monday Night Football's Thiesman/Taylor incident)

(Michael Ian Black on Sally Field's infamous acceptance speech)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online