My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, January 06, 2006

He Feels The Need. The Need For Speed.

As many of you already know, I am a bit of a pop culture conspiracy theorist. In other words, I come up with explanations for things that nobody really needs to explain. I even posted all about a bunch of them once. Five or so of you even cared.

One of my theories that I amazingly never wrote about before revolves around the mythical creature formerly known as actor Tom Cruise. My theory is a simple one. I believe that he likes to run or do some other activity at high speeds. Not only does he like this, I feel he makes it a requirement in every single project he is in.

I have presented this theory at parties. I have shown this theory to friends. I don't have charts or graphs on the subject, but if you give me some time I could whip them up, too. Most people laugh...at first...until they realize that what I am saying is absolutely true.

So imagine how happily surprised I was when I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago. It's called, are you ready for this, TOM CRUISE RUNNING!

Now if you are anything like me, you get gleefully happy over mundane things you have in common with other people. "You like Family Guy!? Get out! I love Family Guy, too!!!" I've decided this need to relate to others, in some small ways carries over with us from childhood. If you ask a child why they are friends with someone their answers are often simple and pure. "They're nice to me." "We both have blonde hair." My reasons for camraderie are not much more evolved. All it takes is someone else having the same warped view of the world as me, someone who gets "it" and I'm a happy camper.

As much as I love Tom Cruise Running, there is one teensy, weeny thing I'd change...the name of the site itself. I decided that we can do better than just "Tom Cruise Running". I hope the author of the site won't get offended, it's just that I had a few ideas running around in my head. Heh. Running around in my head. Get it?

Possible Alternate Names For Tom Cruise Running (double entendres encouraged!)

1. The Running Man
2. The Running Joke
3. Do You Know Where You're Going To?
4. He Ran. He Ran So Far Away.
5. Something In The Way He Moves
6. Keep Away From A Runaround Cruise
7. Far and Away
8. Take the Money and Run
9. Cruise Control
10. He Likes to Move It, Move It
11. He Do Run, Run, Run. He Do Run Run.

Really the possibilities are endless. You might even have a few of your own. I'm running out of ideas right now though. Not really, but I am running this joke into the ground. Ok. I'll stop now. I know when enough is enough. Besides, I've really got to run.

In short, regardless, of its name, run, don't walk, to the site NOW.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online