My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Write Back Weekend: "Love To Love Ya, Baby"

In honor of V-Day I asked all of you to tell me the songs that make your heart skip a beat. Some of you, I must say, have excellent taste, my own.

Let me say that for someone who has been so "in love" with music over the years that this was a very hard list for me to make. After careful consideration, I almost think there should a seperate list for the best sad songs. On my list there are songs of heartbreak, others of love that's been requited. Then there are a few that are just thrown in because they are romantic, for whatever the reason, to me.

Here, favorites of the faves in bold, is the somewhat abridged list of the songs about love that I...love. I hope you Google the ones you don't know and let me know what you think. I wouldn't ever tell you to download them. That would just be wrong.

Old School Loves
She Believes In Me- Kenny Rogers
Jealous Guy- John Lennon
Weekend In New England- Barry Manilow
Hello and Truly- Lionel Richie
Danny's Song- Loggins & Messina
Maybe I'm Amazed- Paul McCartney
God Only Knows and Don't Worry Baby- Beach Boys
Happy Together- The Turtles
Always On My Mind- Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson or yes, even Pet Shop Boys
You Needed Me- Anne Murray
Worst That Could Happen- Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge

Eighties/Power Ballad Loves
Faithfully and Open Arms- Journey
Glory of Love- Peter Cetera
At This Moment- Billy Vera

Angel Eyes- Jeff Healy
Crying- Roy Orbison and KD Lang
Can't Fight This Feeling- REO Speedwagon
Almost Over You- Sheena Easton
All I Want Is You- U2
The Search Is Over- Survivor
Wish It Would Rain Down,Against All Odds and Do You Remember?- Phil Collins
Only You- Yaz
It Might Be You- Stephen Bishop
Shameless and This Night- Billy Joel
Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)- Christopher Cross
Never Tear Us Apart- Inxs
Lost In Your Eyes- Debbie Gibson
In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
Forever- Kenny Loggins
Could've Been- Tiffany
I Love You- Climax Blues Band
Making Love Out of Nothing At All- Air Supply

Desperado- The Eagles
How Deep Is Your Love?- Bee Gees
We've Got Tonight- Bob Seger

Lesser Known and/or Newer Loves
Dreaming of You- Selena
Eve, The Apple of My Eye- Bell X1
Run- Snow Patrol
Serenade- Dion

The Way That She Loves Me- Chris Wilson
Ghost- Indigo Girls
The Reason- Hoobastank
If You Could Only See- Tonic
Creep- Radiohead
You Are The One- Chris Cuevas
Have You Ever Been In Love? Peter Cetera
I'll Back You Up- Dave Matthews Band

Bleed To Love Her- Fleetwood Mac
Does He Love You?- Rilo Kiley
Break Your Heart- Barenaked Ladies
The Background- Third Eye Blind
You Don't Know Me- Jann Arden
God Give Me Strength- Kristen Vigard
Wild Horses- The Sundays
#1 Crush- Garbage
Here With Me- Dido
I Shall Believe- Sheryl Crow
Last Kiss- Pearl Jam's version
Crying Like A Church On Monday- New Radicals
That Particular Time and Everything- Alanis Morissette
I Know Him By Heart- Vonda Shepard
Welcome To Love (Now Go Home)- Danielle Brisebois

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online