My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, April 21, 2006

Kiss That Blog Goodbye And Point Me Towards Tomorrow

Being that this week is my spring break from work, I decided to do a little necessary spring cleaning.

I don't neglect this blog, but I have been known to, at times, neglect the neverending maintenance of my blogroll. My blogroll is like an untended garden, full of beautiful blooming flowers and overgrown weeds, both needing a little TLC from time to time.

So while clicking through the 150 + blogs I link to, I realized more than a few of them had changed links or stopped updating completely. Sometimes they are still there, they just stopped linking to me. I don't know why, but this process always makes me sad. Blogs are like my favorite tv shows. One day they're there, the next day they're gone, often with no explanation.

What do you do when you find some of your blogroll has bit the dust?


It's the instability of many blogs that makes blogging itself seem like a flighty format. There are still so many people out there that say blogging is a fad like acid wash or mullets. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of being lumped in with either of those things.

As many of you know, the updating of your own blog is hard enough without factoring in the time it takes to read other blogs. This is something I think I do a pretty good job of though. I always visit those who visit me. This isn't because I'm a blogging snob, it's because I have to draw the line somewhere.

Still, if I link, I love. Which got me to thinking. There have been a few new commenters here lately that I may or may not have already linked to. So, if you're one of those few who have sadly gone unnoticed, please let me know.

My blog garden might be big, but there's always room for one more flower.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online