My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, July 07, 2006

How I Spent My Summer Vacation: Part Three

Ok, if we're all here, I'm ready to begin the final installment of the three hour part tour.

Day Five

On Friday we decided we hadn't had enough of the gators yet and so us crazy thrill seekers decided to take a different gator tour. There were surprisingly many options to choose from. It's funny. Under normal circumstances, no one would want to be within a foot of a gator or a snake and here we are, tourists, actually paying money in the hopes we would see them up close.



Although there were many different kinds of tours, we opted for the cheapest one. Of course cheap and gators isn't necessarily a cocktail for safety, but we did it anyway. On this tour you could rent and drive your own boat for 30 bucks for an hour. And just like the news kept up with and rollercoasters, the news was right there with snake bites, too.

The tour itself was pretty uneventful and there were no gators to be seen, although I can't say after being in the murky water in a dinky boat without a life jacket that I'm complaining. And when all was said and done we only had one semi-brush with death. This was when my boyfriend was driving and decided to make a u-turn in the water to get the picture below of turtles and we hit straight into a tree. He laughed because we had no speed at the time, but to me, one opportunity to fall into gator infested waters was one experience too many.



The gator tour was enough of a brush with death for this girl, but the other three people I with hadn't quite had their fill yet. So from the tour we headed over to this place called G-Force which had more adventures to explore.

There they did something called a Skycoaster and Drag Racing. Although I didn't do either, I imagine the Skycoaster is like jumping out of a plane only without the courses, the significant height or the cost. It's essentially a bungee jump that plunges you from 300 feet in the air. Their website boasts how on the way up you can "see all the attractions around Orlando and Kissimmee" although as my boyfriend and sister will tell you, with all of the swearing and your eyes being closed, you aren't really taking in much of anything.

I would have pictures of this event (in fact we even have the DVD) but before the trip I purchased extra memory for my camera. When I went to go put those pictures on my computer, however, I was told the memory card had to be formatted and in order to do that, the pictures had to be removed. In other words, that project, as well as those pictures, are on hold.

The other event the three of them did was G-Force Drag Racing. There you sit in a car, press the gas pedal when the light turns green and apparently you go from 0-110 mph in less than 2 seconds. The whole "ride" is about five seconds. I was told they now have a new appreciation for race car drivers who do triple that, while switching gears, for a living.

Friday night we mellowed out after dinner by taking in the movie Click with Adam Sandler. I'm not going to venture into movie review territory right now though, so I'll save my thoughts for another time.

Day Six

By day six, you could definitely tell we had been there awhile. This was because no one was particularly concerned with what, if anything, we were doing. My boyfriend slept and his father wasn't feeling well so he slept. So his mother and I took the opportunity to go shopping for some souvenirs and for some food for dinner. That night, after dinner, we went to another movie, Superman (also another post for another time).

Day Seven

Although Sunday was technically not our last day there, we were leaving really early on Monday so it might as well have been. When we booked our flight, my bf had the idea to extend our trip to Monday. For one reason we'd have a little more time and for another, it was cheaper flying Monday to Monday instead of Sunday to Sunday. Only small problem was the resort we were staying at was from Sunday to Sunday, so on Sunday we had to pack up as if we were leaving and head over to the Howard Johnson's down the street.

Now as anyone who has ever stayed at a HoJo would know they aren't bad lodging experiences, although they might differ from hotel to hotel. But when you've been staying at a beautiful condo in a well situated and fully amenitied resort and you downgrade to a HoJo, you're hurting a bit. Still, at 50 bucks for one night, beggars couldn't be choosers.

On Sunday we couldn't agree what to do. My boyfriend wanted to take in another movie. Instantly I was having flashbacks to my Carrabba's experience or in other words, can't we do that at home? I, on the other hand, just wanted to lounge around by the pool. I know we had gone twice, but both times we had been kicked out, for reasons out of our control, and this water loving girl didn't feel like she had enough time to love the water. In fact, I don't have the tan to prove it.

After arguing so long and having that awkward amount of time before we could check into our next hotel, the weather was sick of hearing us bicker and decided for us that the pool was out of the question. By this time we just wanted to rest. So we finally got into the hotel and took a nap before heading out to dinner.

For dinner we went to Joe's Crab Shack. Silly us thought we made some major, hole in the wall find when we found Joe's. Imagine our surprise when we came to find out Joe's was indeed a chain restaurant. Whatever. If you can't beat 'em join 'em. So we did. And the food was good and the waiters and waitresses even danced so really, we couldn't complain.

After dinner we finished off the night by playing a round of mini golf, the ultimate summer by the shore sport. I kicked my bf's ass. Well not really, but I did win by a bit, so it's still good enough to rub his face in it.

So there you have it. A somewhat anti-climactic end to the trip considering the pictures are missing, but since we were winding down at this point ON the trip, you really didn't miss much.

And in the end, although I couldn't take you with me, I think the play by play recap makes up for it...don't you?

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online