My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Calling In Sick

Just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten about AOGB or any of your blogs, either. In fact, this week is my spring break so I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to catch up a bit. Unfortunately for me, my body had other plans:(

On Monday I went to the doctor's for a persistent cough I couldn't get rid of. I often get a cough like this during the change of season but it rarely goes away on its own or with over the counter meds alone. At the time the doctor told me I had a nasty ear infection as well so she prescribed amoxicillin and told me it was ok to return to work. It didn't matter much anyhow considering I only had two and a half more days until spring break.

But the cough just wasn't getting any better. This is probably because she gave me medicine for the infection, but not really for the cough. Then late Wednesday night I started to feel a bit feverish. I took Advil and went to bed. I woke up Thursday morning still having a low grade fever. I couldn't call out of work though because I had to drop things off and bring things home to work on. Plus it was a friend's at work last day and I didn't want to miss that. So I sucked it up, went in and worked on automatic pilot. Lucky for me, my kids were pretty understanding about it.

Meanwhile I could feel my symptoms worsening as the day progressed. The cough was deeper and I could feel I still had the fever. I also was beginning to get very achy, particularly in my head. My eye sockets and base of my skull hurt the most. By the time I got home on Thursday I had a 101. something fever and the chills. My throat felt raw and swollen and I couldn't eat. So I took a nap and felt a little bit better.; I got up and had some of my grandma'shomemade chicken soup (perfect timing, right?) and even had some ice cream to soothe my throat. I rarely reach for ice cream so my parents knew I was sick. I felt like Cindy Brady in that episode when she got her tonsils out. Actually I felt like her already once before, when I did get my tonsils out.

Friday morning I woke up without the aches which was nice. My temperature was low grade again, but I still decided to call the doctor's again anyhow to be certain before the holiday weekend. Luckily they didn't charge me to come back. It was also lucky, in a way, that by the time I got there, my fever had returned a bit. This way they could see first hand what I was experiencing. This time the doctor seemed more concerned and said the infection in my ear had gotten worse. I don't have any pain in my ear so I guess that's a good thing. She thing said that the cough had gotten worse, too. Now she diagnosed me with having bronchitis. And, as an added bonus, if the fever doesn't go away, she thinks it may actually be pneumonia.

So I did manage to cough out a blog entry for you all, no pun intended. I'm not sure though what my schedule is going to be like the next few days. If I'm feeling up to the computer and not much else chances are I'll be on and visiting all of you soon. But if I don't get to your blogs, your comments or AOGB for a bit, you'll know why.

Happy Easter (belated Passover) to everyone!

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online