My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, November 05, 2007

Write Back Weekend Monday "Spooky Little Girl Like You"

Last week I asked you a pretty broad question...What is the scariest (or some of the scariest) experiences you have ever had?

In order to answer such a question, one has to define what makes something scary. For instance, I often dub a lot of things as scary. Some might even say I overuse the term thus the word itself is in danger of losing some of it's scariness, so to speak.

But I can't help it. For me there are differing levels of scary. Life changing experiences, things that are unexplainable, bad dreams...they all qualify as truly scary moments that very few could argue against. On the other hand, I also dub things such as Florence Henderson singing or Gary Busey doing just about anything as "scary" as well. I suppose you could say all things scary therefore, are in the eye of the beholder.

Since I've been blogging for years now, some of the scariest moments of my life have been cataloged on here. So instead of retelling the stories, I will simply link to them. If you haven't read them before, consider them new to you.

1. There's the now infamous day of my car accident as told through the following post, I Chose The Road Less Traveled And I Got Screwed.

2. How about close encounters of the unexplainable kind as outlined here, in I See Dead People?

3. Then there's the time, I could have sworn I wrote about here but I guess I didn't when I fell down my basement steps. This happened a few years ago. It all started because my sock got caught on a loose nail as I was going down. It gives me chills to think about it, even now because I can still remember it happening in my mind. It's a weird feeling being in the throes of something you are unable to stop. As I went tumbling down the wood steps, headed towards the cement landing, all I could do was pray I'd land safely. I remember landing and instantly springing up, just to see if I could and climbing back up the stairs. My parents were in the kitchen still horrified that it had happened since it all happened so quickly. As soon as I got back up the stairs that's when the reality of the situation kicked in and I started crying- partly out of relief that I was safe and partly because it was pretty damn scary. Besides having a few bad bruises, I was in good shape otherwise.

4. Another scary experience I recall was the second time I had tubes put in my ears. I was about eight or so, in the beginning of second grade. The first time I was too young to remember anything, being only about three at the time. This time I was aware and can still remember how the video for Rod Stewart's Some Guys Have All The Luck was ironically, the last thing I saw before I left in the early morning hours to go to the hospital. Not only was I getting tubes put in my ears for the second time, I also had my adenoids taken out as well as my tonsils. I completely remember waking up and being in so much pain and being so scared. At some point during the procedure I clearly remember them poking me with what felt like needles to calm me down. I had no idea what they were using or why they were doing it, but I still remember it to this day because the whole experience was quite traumatic, at any age.

5. Another distinct "scary" memory I have is from my childhood. I was about nine or so at the time and my grandparents, who lived 45 minutes away, had gotten a prank phone call from a little girl who was allegedly crying and saying her mom was on the floor bleeding. My grandparents, being naive and older, fed this sick kid information and said "Janet, is that you?" Of course she went with it and said yes.

Not thinking clearly, they never called back, they just got in the car and drove to our house, panicked at what they were going to find. Not only did they not think to call the house, they didn't think to call 911 before making the trip, a trip mind you, that my grandfather shouldn't have taken in the first place considering his night vision was very poor. I can still remember how they were so confused when they got there and how while I had done nothing wrong, everyone still somehow seemed so intense and mad with me. I think my grandparents had a really hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that I was indeed, not the person to make the call and that my mom, who was standing right there, was OK. The girl called back again only the next time she said she was a girl named Rosalie. Luckily by that time they had learned their lesson.

I know that other scary experiences have happened in my life, but just talking about the last five have spooked me enough for one evening so I think I'll leave it at that.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online