My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, October 29, 2007

Write Back Weekend "If She Knew What She Wants"

As I was pondering my answer to last week's TITMT question (see below) on the drive home today, a song came on my mp3 player that got me thinking. After all, I haven't been on the lookout for someone to date for sometime now, so I needed something to remind me of all the qualities my perfect mate would possess. The song was Alanis Morissette's 21 Things I Want In A Lover.

Now you should know that I've always related to the words of Alanis, so it seems only fitting that the precursor to my list be hers.

21 Things I Want In A Lover

Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds?
Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
Do you have a big intellectual capacity but know
That it alone does not equate wisdom?
Do you see everything as an illusion?
But enjoy it even though you are not of it?
Are you both masculine and feminine? politically aware?
And don't believe in capital punishment?

These are 21 things that I want in a lover
Not necessarily needs but qualities that I prefer

Do you derive joy from diving in and seeing that
Loving someone can actually feel like freedom? are you funny?
la self-deprecating? like adventure? and have many formed opinions?

These are 21 things that I want in a lover
Not necessarily needs but qualities that I prefer
I figure I can describe it since I have a choice in the matter
These are 21 things I choose to choose in a lover

I'm in no hurry I could wait forever
I'm in no rush cuz I like being solo
There are no worries and certainly no pressure in the meantime
I'll live like there's no tomorrow

Are you uninhibited in bed? more than three times a week?
Up for being experimental? are you athletic?
Are you thriving in a job that helps your brother? are you not addicted?
...curious and communicative...

Of course while on some level I often relate to the words of Alanis, that doesn't mean I don't have thoughts of my own. So what follows are some of my top qualities I'm drawn to in the opposite sex (over the years, that is). Notice I preface this by saying the qualities I'm drawn to. This doesn't necessarily mean I always want to be. I suppose instead you could see my list as a mixture of the ideals and the ordeals, as the case may be.

1. Sense of humor- A sense of humor has always been the main thing that has attracted me to anyone, period. They say that if you dub a girl as having a good sense of humor it can be the kiss of death. The exact opposite often applies to a man though, thus the never ending double standard. I think that's a shame. For the record, I don't feel heinousness and funniness are not mutually exclusive.

2. Passionate- Anyone who I've ever been attracted to had strong opinions. They aren't necessarily always in line with my own, but the men I like often have strong convictions and stand by them, no matter what others around them think.

3. Slighty geeky- I know that all things geek are in the eye of the beholder, but never, ever has the typical "muscle bound meathead type" attracted in the slightest. I'd be more inclined to find my perfect guy in Barnes and Noble than Gold's Gym.

4. Not into sports- I guess this ties somewhat into the meathead theory above, but basically it boils down to this. I never wanted to be the girl who had to sit through game after game in order to spend time with my significant other. Besides, sports season is never over for a true sports nut. Once one sport ends, another one is just around the corner.

5. Complicated- This is one of those "not by choice" type scenarios, but the guys I have been attracted to have been nothing if not deep. Whether they are in the midst of some sort of emotional shootout when I meet them or there are deeper, underlying issues, I believe I have an angel complex; I want to be the girl who can save them all.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online