My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Food For Thought

This weekend I had a craving for Chinese food (then again with me, that goes without saying). There's this slightly "upscale" looking chinese restaurant nearby called P.F. Chang's but we never ventured over there before because we just assumed it would be too pricey. (what can I say, we're poor.)

So, imagine our surprise when searching the Internet, we found a menu online for P.F. Chang's that wasn't really pricey at all. We decided to try it. I ordered my usual personal fave, Kung Pao Chicken. My boyfriend ordered Moo Shu Chicken.

We opened our food (had it to go) and suddenly it became apparent to me why P.F Chang's really was too good to be true.

First off, the portions were like half the size you get at a regular Chinese restaurant. Now not that you need all that food, it's always great to have leftover Chinese to go back to. It's also great to eat Chinese food hot or cold. That's part of what makes it so fabulous. But back to the portion size. It was small and there were NO vegetables. I have never ordered Kung Pao anything and not gotten some baby corn or broccoli bits or whatever thrown in. I'm assuming that was extra along with my favorite skinny chinese noodles and any type of egg roll.

Also anyone who has ever had Kung Pao anything knows that this is SUPPOSED to be a spicy dish. Not only was this dish so not spicy, it tasted like Terryiaki chicken you might get from the free samples at the food court...well, my food court anyway.

Not to come off as a restaurantuer or anything like that, but while I'm critiquing the meal, I might as well tell you about the rest of the items we ordered.

Hot and Sour Soup- eh ok. A little thick for my taste.

Moo Shu Chicken- didn't have any, but I know it wasn't a big hit with my bf

Spring Rolls- Holy a lot of cabbage in there and ZERO spice

Now I just went online and googled P.F Chang's + sucks. Not surprisingly, I got a TON of results. The concensus was that P.F Chang's : Chinese food as Olive Garden : Italian or Taco Bell : Mexican. Basically it's fast food formatted for the masses. I have to disagree though since in my opinion, I have gotten tasty tacos at TB and personally LOVE OG's Lobster Spaghetti as well as their never ending soup/salad combo...I mean COME ON!

I don't really know what the moral of this post is. I suppose if you've learned anything, heed my warning, don't believe the hype and DON'T go to P.F Chang's.

If you head out to Olive Garden though, tell them I said hi.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online