My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, July 02, 2004

Regrets, I've Had A Few

Unless you've been living under a rock and/or you are over the age of 65, you have probably heard the song "The Reason". "The Reason" is a pretty, alternative pop ballad that is currently being overplayed on radio stations everywhere.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOVE "The Reason". Then again, I'm also not ashamed to admit I love Rick "Jessi's Girl" Springfield, but whatever. I AM, however, appalled to admit that a song like "The Reason" came from the creative minds of a band called...Hoobastank.

Before "The Reason" I guess these guys were predominantly known for their song "Crawling In The Dark" or as the kids these days are calling it, the red headed step sister of "The Reason". Let me give you an analogy. If "The Reason" was Ron Howard, "Crawling In The Dark" would be say, Clint Howard.

Still, with "Crawling In The Dark" I felt safe. It somehow seemed a befitting tune for a band called Hoobastank, both the band AND the song giving off a, "Oh yeah we suck, but watch us make millions" kinda vibe.

Then Hoobastank released "The Reason" and suddenly up is down, right is wrong...1 + 1 no longer equals two. It just simply does not add up.

So this brings me to the other day. I opened up a magazine and saw and article with the boys of Hoobastank. In a surprise twist of events, they are actually just as disgusted with their name as I am!

"When we started this band, that's the name we came up with," Robb says when asked about the band’s name. "That was 10 years ago — we were teenagers and it fit our music perfectly. It was party music. And as the band grew, the name stuck with us as the music changed...We're not saying it's a great name. Honestly, I think it's a retarded name! It's a horrible band name! It doesn't mean anything, but it did to us at one point. I think it shows that although we do have really serious songs, we don't take ourselves too seriously."

The boys also say that people ask them all the time what the band name actually DOES mean and in this particular article, they chose to not divulge. They did, however, say that people ask them constantly if they smell...lovely.

For the record, Hoobstank does not think they have the WORST name in rock n'roll. They think that honor goes to the band Disturbed.

Personally, I think Saliva has them both beat.




 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online