My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, September 26, 2004

To All the Bloggers I've Loved Before

There's a saying I learned once in Girl Scouts years ago:

"Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold.

A circle's round, it has no end,
That's how long I want to be your friend."


In the little under four months I have been steadily blogging, I have "met" quite a few fellow bloggers and passersby. Every week or so I meet someone new, but I also notice that every week or so, another blogger unofficially (or officially) bites the dust. First the updates grow fewer and farther between until eventually, they are not there at all. Then, before you know it, they're gone. Well not GONE, gone, but gone from my little corner of the world anyhow.

I don't know what it is. I guess a lot of people don't have the time in their busy schedules that they thought they were going to or that they used to when they started. Sometimes people start a blog because they are at a dead end job and want a way to break up the boredom. But lives change, people change, jobs change..and ultimately, they move on.

So as a result, some blogging assocations are fleeting and are now just an isolated moment in time. But as time marches on I still meet new bloggers or visitors who happened to find AOGB. Do not be mistaken. These people do not replace the folks that aren't around anymore. Oh no. They merely add something new to the mix. Like I suppose,I don't know, Mark McGrath hopes to do for Access Hollywood.

I know I've been busy, but for whatever reason, blogging is a fun outlet. Even if nobody reads it.

So, to paraphrase Mark Twain:

Blog like nobody's watching;
Comment like you've never been hurt.
Rant like nobody's listening
Write like it's heaven on earth.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online