My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Saturday, January 22, 2005

9 Great Things About I Love The 90's...1994 & 1995: Part Deux

1994

1. "I've seen pictures of him. Kinda cute little bugger. I mean, he's a corpse." (Michael Ian Black on the old guy who married Anna Nicole Smith)

2. "Basically Tales From The Crypt was like the horror version of The Love Boat. Like a lot of floating celebrity guests came through." (Hal Sparks)

3. "You know what cranberries are good for? Urinary tract infections. I don't know if that's why they called themselves that or not. I suspect not." (Michael Ian Black on the naming of the pop group, The Cranberries)

4. "They got a cop to talk about it and that was supposed to lend some authority to it. I think they should have gotten Suzanne Somers. She did such a good job with The Thighmaster. Nobody's stealing MY thighs today!" (Michael Ian Black on The Club)

5. "The costumes were fabulous. And there were very complicated dance numbers- with heels. It was way beyond putting baby in a corner." (Kathy Griffin on Priscilla, Queen of the Desert)

6. "I've done the math and it is actually cheaper to buy 2,500 rolls of toilet paper- if you live to be 337." (Beth Littleford on the wholesale shopping craze)

7. "Beck came out with his first song, Loser. You sorta think, oh it's a fun novelty song. Ha ha. No. Turns out the guy's a genius." (Michael Ian Black on Beck)

8. "Blues Traveler is basically what you call a jam band. They play a 3 minute song, but it takes them 45 minutes to play it. John Popper had to be so big. He needed space on his body to place all those harmonicas. A thin man couldn't do that. I couldn't wear all those harmonicas. They'd just slide right off me." (Michael Ian Black)

9. "For me, the primary question of the Counting Crows was, is that singer black or is he Jewish? As a black dude, I like him. As a Jewish dude? Run of the mill. I got enough Jews in my life without Adam Durwitz."
(Michael Ian Black)

1995

1. "I mean it starts with the name. The name's almost unpronounceable- Benicio Del Toro. So you just took that a step further. I'm a shun ran. I'm a me shun." (Michael Ian Black)

2. "It was one of those ensemble casts where they go ok, none of these people are really talented enough to carry a show, but maybe 9 of them together we can slip under the radar for about 8 years." (Greg Fitzsimmons on News Radio)

3. "I think the scariest thing about Psychic Friends Network was Dionne Warwick's nostrils. She did look like the host from Tales From The Crypt." (Tommy Davidson)

4." First of all, what kind of old timey war are we fighting here where we're lying in a ditch for 30 days. Is mustard gas on its way? Is the red baron flying overhead?" (Paul Tompkins on Newt Gingrich's statement on why women shouldn't be in the military)

5. "I don't know if it's the fabric of our life. It might be the fabric of our night life." (Mo Rocca on hemp)

6. "Where do you go after Ghost? I could be a lady." (Chris Hardwick on Patrick Swayze's train of thought when making To Wong Foo)

7. "It was a whole kinder-whore look." (The Donnas on baby doll dresses)

8. "This game would be so much easier if I could name one Kevin Bacon film." (Greg Fitzsimmons on the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Game)

9. "Black people had finally achieved what white people had. If you're rich enough, you can buy your freedom." (Greg Fitzsimmons on the OJ verdict)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online