My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, March 27, 2005

It's Not Easy Being Silver Green

After reading all of your suggestions, and considering some of my own thoughts, I decided I simply had to see all eight colors live and in person before making my decision. I was leaning towards the red, but factored in that it might not age as well and might be a ticket magnet. I liked the black, but didn't want to be cleaning it incessantly. I thought the light grey was cute, but so does 90% of America apparently. Then there was a midnight blue, which I didn't post because it wasn't in the running, until I saw it and then I considered that color, too.

But the one color that was nowhere to be found was the Silver Moss Metallic showed below:





I didn't know what I wanted to order, I just knew I had to see it before making my decision because I'm annoying that way. So I started calling dealerships. Some told me that it's a popular color that moves quickly and has to be ordered from Japan, and that can take up to 12 weeks. Another dealership told me that color wasn't even out yet. Obviously, I told them.

While going without a car for another 12 weeks wasn't a feasible option, checking the car color out was. There were apparently TWO in the entire state of New Jersey to look at, one being about a half hour away. So I called first, headed over there and checked it out.

The instant I saw the color the words of Aretha Franklin and George Michael's duet rang in my head: "I knew you were waiting for me". It just made the car for me. Unfortunately the picture above doesn't really do it justice so I'm going to have to try and take a better picture of my own, should the sun ever come out in New Jersey again, ever. Basically the color is grey with a hint of green, just like the name says. In fact, on the key my car is listed as green which is weird.

But the journey wasn't over. Oh no. My dad and I had decided to cut out the middle man and go through CarsDirect.com or even Costco or Sam's. This way you don't have to haggle and you have less hassle. But then we saw this color, this rare color, and realized that we were going to have to talk turkey whether we wanted to or not. We also had to play our cards close to the vest and not let them know that this color was so important to us.

After a careful skilled game of Let's Make A Deal, played by both sides, we arrived at a number. Is it the best number? I don't know. But all things considered, I do think it was meant to be.

So now I am the proud owner of a Honda CR-V in the highly rare Silver Moss Metallic. I guess there simply aren't more out there because most people just take what's on the lot and this color is usually not. In fact, I challenge you to find one on the road. I've been playing a fun game of I Spy myself the past few days.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online