My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, January 09, 2006

Coming Out of the Dark

So it's the eve of the Best of Blog announcements. Bloggers everywhere are snuggled in their beds while visions of top ten nominations dance in their heads.

And the Best of Blog Awards aren't the only star on the horizon. Oh no. As soon as the BOB nominations are revealed, the Bloggies will be hot on their heels. Picture the Golden Globes being quickly followed by the Oscars of the blogging set; awkward presenter banter sold separately.

I wasn't going to blog about the Bloggies out of fear of overkill, but then I got an email this weekend that changed my mind. I was told by this kind soul that they had nominated me for a few different Bloggies. Imagine my surprise. Me. Never really nominated for anything has been nominated in two, count 'em, two different award ceremonies!

So tell me, what have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?

The only time I even came close to something even remotely like this was when I almost made the cut for Class Shyest in high school. But I never understood an award like that, even back then. If the person who won really was the shyest, would you really know of them? Would you call their name or walk on by?

Anyway, this secret someone wishes to remain anonymous and no, it isn't my mom. But since this individual was kind enough to nominate me, I am linking to the awards here. Making it to the finals in the Bloggies is like dreaming the impossible dream considering it goes by popular vote. But if you want to throw a dog a bone, you'll know where to go. Any nominations you make for anyone have to be in though before 10pm Eastern Standard Time tomorrow.

And while I'm on the topic of revealing, let me also remind you that this week officially marks the kickoff of De-Lurking Day started by Sheryl over at Paper Napkin. God knows I'm not a lurker, but if this applies to you, don't be shy, this is the week to stand up and say Hi, my name is ________ and I'm a blogaholic, too.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online