My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, March 13, 2006

How To Succeed In Blogging Without Really Trying

Awhile ago I wrote this post, and then never mentioned the idea again. It's not like I haven't wanted to write more about this, but it has become what I commonly refer to as a "back burner post". It never seemed to be the right time to do it justice. Since inspiration never really struck it's all about timing and now's as good as time as any to just bite the bullet and put it out there.

As many of you already know, AOGB has been around a little over two years now. There are many things I want to do to this site not unlike the maintenance type stuff most people do to their houses, only I don't have a house to maintain, I have a blog to maintain. At least I know there won't be any nasty paint fumes.

One of the things I want to create is an AOGB store. The best way I know to do this is to use Cafe Press to create merchandise such as cups, bumper stickers and t-shirts. I think people might buy it. I mean I hope people might buy it. I'm taking a Field of Dreams approach on this one, If I build it, buyers will come.

This is where you come in. They say no man is an island, right? So what I need is a few good skippers to chip in and help pitch the sails, err, sales.

Although I know about Cafe Press, I don't really know much about creating a kickass graphic for the items I want to sell. I was hoping all of you would have advice in that department. I'm not a designer, never claimed to be. I just blog here.

I have a few ideas of what I want, but what I'm really looking for are people who are good at this who know better than me what I want and will show me what I want. I will look at what they create and say Now THAT'S what I wanted. How ever did you know?!

This person might be you. Or it might be your cousin. The point is, you don't know until you ask, so I'm asking, nicely. Can you help a graphically challenged blogger out? I'm opening this "contest" up to anyone and everyone who wants to take a crack at it.

Before I part, I know I must answer the all important question, what's in it for me? I've thought long and hard about this one. I know AOGB can't get away with being cute and batting eyelashes. It's a blog for Pete's sake. So what I offer you is this. If you end up creating the graphic or concept of my dreams and help my dream in essence come to fruition, I will in turn, buy you the item of your choosing from the future AOGB store. If this sounds good to you, then I hope you take me up on my offer.

If you're interested in knowing more, or even want to scold me for trying to whore out my blog, feel free to do either in the comments section or via email. Also, if you are graphically challenged like me, but think you have a good idea, throw me a bone. Who knows? Maybe there's a AOGB pin on your horizon, too.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online