My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Write Back Weekend "Tivo To Go"

It was interesting reading what everyone records on their tivos, vcrs, whatever, this past Tell It To Me Tuesday. I had to laugh though when a few of you listed about ten shows and then said you watch entirely too much tv.

Baby, you ain't seen nothing yet.

What I attempted to do with my tivo list is organize it into categories. I record a lot, but worship little. Since I have so much I record (not including movies or specials) I often find myself half watching some of these programs. For instance, I have the tivo on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. I also have it on a lot when I'm blogging. I'm a multi-tasker of the media variety.

Tried and True
- These are shows that are staples. Givens. Cannot misses.
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Americsn Idol

Tier-Two Faves It's self-explanatory really. I like these shows, just not as much as the ones listed above.
Desperate Housewives
The OC
One Tree Hill
Invasion
Gilmore Girls
Family Guy
Related
How I Met Your Mother

Where I Get My News
Showbiz Show with David Spade
Best Week Ever
ET on MTV
SNL

Morbid Fascinations- I don't really need to watch these shows, but force of habit makes me check in every once and awhile.
The Real World
Another World repeats
Days Of Our Lives (for mockery purposes only)
Free Ride
Sons and Daughters
Intervention
8th and Ocean
So NoTORIous (It hasn't premiered yet, but something tells me it will fit perfectly here)

On Hiatus- These shows might have bit the dust but I either don't want to admit it or haven't heard official word.
Arrested Development- I refuse to admit this show is gone for good. Nope. Won't do it. I have a finger in each ear and I'm saying la, la, la as I type this which of course, makes it very hard to type.
Stella
Reno 911
It's Always Sunny In Phiadelphia
Love Monkey
Number 1 Single
Skating With Celebrities
The Bachelor
Dancing With the Stars
Beauty And the Geek
RW/RR Challenge
There & Back

Other- These are mostly cable shows that my tivo won't record because it doesn't record past a certain channel (I don't know why) or shows that are on the same time as something I'm tivoing. They ultimately get bumped to the vcr.
Entourage
Weeds
Big Love
Amazing Race
Degrassi

There you have it. A whopping 40 shows in constant rotation on either on my tivo or my vcr. Just like the weather, the list is ever changing.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online