My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Write Back Weekend: "Don't I Know You?"

This past Tuesday I asked you to check out My Heritage. Some of you had been there, done that. I've had the link sitting there as a potential TITMT for sometime now, but I never got around to actually writing about it. Whatever. Everything old is new again.

I've been trying to get better about taking pictures lately, but when I did this the first time, I scanned in an image that is a little over a year old. It's ok though because I pretty much always look the same.

This is the image I used:

The following are a list of people I allegedly resemble:

Joan Cusack
Mariah Carey
Zhang Ziyi
Beyonce Knowles
Lara Flynn Boyle
Pamela Anderson
Annette Bening
Yael Bar Zohar
Heather Locklear
Sarah Ferguson

Makes sense right? Since they all bare SUCH a resemblance to each other.

I'm Asian. I'm African American. I'm blonde. I'm brunette. I've got great bone structure. I've got no bone structure. My Heritage is all over the place.

Now I know that you can resemble somebody and not look exactly like them. Sometimes mannerisms play a big part in who you look like, other times it's just a hairstyle or a body type.

But those sort of things were really not taken into consideration when I scanned my picture in My Heritage. All they had to go on was the picture I chose.

Which brought up another interesting point. Would a different picture yield different results?

The only way to know for sure was to try again with a different photo. So I tried to scan in another picture of me on My Heritage. This time, it was rejected because the file was too big. I tried resizing it via Kodak's Easy Share program. Let's just say they didn't make it easy enough since I managed to crash the program each time I tried.

I don't know what that says about how I look.

In real life, the comparisons I have gotten have not overlapped at all.

1. Ami Foster. When I was a kid, one of my favorite shows was Punky Brewster. When I watched it years later of course, I knew better, but back then, it was the bomb.

There was a little snotty blonde girl named Margeaux on the show played by actress Ami Foster. When I was about six years old, a few people told me I looked like her. I loved her hair back then, so I was alright with that comparison.

2. Tonya Harding, but only from the back- I'm not proud of this one but I list it because of a specific comparison I was given. When Tonya Harding was in the news, comparisons were made from my hair in a ponytail to her hair in a ponytail. That's all. White trash accessories sold seperately.

3. Renee Zellwegger- Off and on over the years I've gotten Renee comparisons. I'm not really sure why. She has small eyes, I have big eyes. She has stringy hair, I've got thick hair. I mean there are worse people to be compared to, I'm just sayin'. Also it depends on with Renee you are comparing me to. Sometimes she looks great, while other times she looks horrible. I hope it's not the latter Renee that I somehow resemble.

4. Kristy Swanson- but when she looked like this, not this. You know, back in the days when she seemed like an innocent blonde actress instead a Playboy posing, husband stealing skank. Allegedly, of course.

5. Reese Witherspoon- Ok, so like one time, five years ago, I was going to be in my friends wedding. I had to get my hair and makeup and all of that stuff done, but I didn't know what I wanted to do. Back then, a friend at work said she'd help me put my look together. She told me to bring a picture of what I'd want to look like that day. So I brought in a picture of Reese Witherspoon because really, she is what I want to look like on any day.

I showed her the picture and, I'll never forget this, she said this shouldn't be hard, you already look like her.

This my friends, will stay with me till the day I die.

So you can keep your Mariah Carey, Tonya Harding and Sarah Ferguson comparisons. Reese Witherspoon is my twin. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online