My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Guest Post: What Bridget Jones's MIL Might Be Like

As promised, today is full of a few firsts. It's my first real day of school and thus, the first in a great series of generous guest posts. But every great headliner needs an opening act, right? So, for your viewing and listening pleasure, please check out the LIVE performance of Ok Go's amazing treadmill dance routine to "Here It Goes Again".



Today's guest post needs no introduction. This isn't because she's famous or anything, she just went and did the introduction for me. Just kidding. Please welcome the wonderfully hip mommy, Mrs. Mogul..

Hello everyone, this is Mrs. Mogul. Janet asked me to guest post and at first I wasn't sure what I would write. But then while stewing courgette and sweet potato cubes, I thought about the post I always wanted to write but couldn't on my own blog.

I live in London with my English husband and six month baby boy. Sort of like the reverse Bridget Jones but better. Very shortly we will be moving to Florida as my husband got a job there. My husband's parents live in the south of England, about a two hour drive away. They are very sweet and we get along immensely. However, lately my mother-in-law has been annoying me. I feel bad because I know she means well but I can't help the way I'm feeling.

These two things annoy me the most.

1.) She makes us call her as soon as we get home from their house. I have no idea why this bothers me but it does. I am an independent person and my parents never make me do this back in NYC. Like, "HELLO? We're going to make it home okay, we're not going to die!"

How many people have to call their parents like this?

2.) She tells me what to do with the baby. For example she likes to feed him at every meal when we're at her house. I usually give in to be polite. Sometimes when I hand her the bottle and something like a bowl of pureed rice and pear, she'll ask, "Is it okay? Did you check it?"

LIKE YEAH! OF COURSE I CHECKED IT BEFORE GIVING IT TO MY BABY!

I'm so happy that Janet has given me a chance to release these emotions. Like the English would say, Bloody Hell.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online