My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Girl, You Know It's True

I started to watch SNL last night before finally giving in to this flu/exhaustion/cold hybrid I've got going on. I thought it was going to be a pretty good episode since Jude Law is cool and you know, it had been about five minutes since I'd seen him last. But just like a five year old boy whose daddy didn't come to the school play, I was sadly let down, again.

As the musical guest, I figured Ashlee Simpson would be a treat to watch as well, but not in the way you might expect. See I'm not ashamed to admit that I rather enjoy Ashlee's album. I think it has a good beat and you can dance to it. But don't think for a second that means I think she has any semblance of actual talent. Instead I usually like to tune in to see artists like her in the hopes they WILL mess up and that we will at least have evidence about something most of us already knew...that these "singers" are in fact, frauds.

Imagine my delight when watching the rest of the episode this afternoon my wildest dreams finally came true. For her first song, Ashlee sang her hit, "Pieces of Me" without an imperfect note to be found.

Impressive right?

Wrong.

See what the sound engineers or who ever is responsible for this stuff DOESN'T understand is that even the best singers warble or sing a note slightly differently than they do on the recording. So when a mediocre singer comes out and supposedly "nails" it live, a red flag goes up. So after watching her sing "Pieces of Me" I thought that was a good performance, immediately followed by the thought that was also NOT a live performance.

So it's time for the second song, which is supposed to be "Shadow" but a technical glitch (or was it?) causes the tape for "Pieces of Me" to start playing all over again. Ashlee doesn't know what to do. The band doesn't know what to do. So the band keeps on playing. And Ashlee? She...dances the hoedown. No lie.

After a minute of this embarrassing fiasco, SNL pulls the plug on Ashlee's 4 minutes, which if you subtract this from her fifteen minutes of fame, means she is officially overdue by like, 2 minutes.

To make matters even worse, Ashlee stands next to Jude Law at the end of the program and has the NERVE to apologize for the glitch...and to blame it on her band for playing the wrong song! Talk about tacky. If you were singing live you just would have jumped in and gone with it, but because you weren't you blame it on someone else. I'll tell ya, that Ashlee Simpson is one classy braud.

And alas, Ashlee Simpson's true colors come shining through.

To read even more comments about this pop rock scandal go here.


P.S.- Ash is apparently slated to "sing" "live" at this evening's Radio Music Awards 10/25.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online