My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, October 01, 2004

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

I've been meaning to write about this ever since Jude took an informal poll about a month ago and there weren't any biters. By accident I posted a random picture the other day without much explanation...sorry Jennie.

But let's rewind a bit. I guess you could say it all started about seven years ago or so. At the time, I was in college and my friends and I were super excited that Doogie Howser M.D. actor Neil Patrick Harris had suddenly resurfaced. One day he was on the now defunct, but once revered Rosie O'Donnell Show performing a song from the hit musical Rent. Not only had it been years since we had seen NPH do anything, he actually had grown up to be quite cute, if you dig dork chic, which I obviously do. I think he was there to plug some made for TV shit too, but obviously, that didn't impress me nearly as much as the singing.

Doogie sings? How? When? What?! Ok.

Before he even sang I started to think to myself,

"Oh no, what if he's bad. What if he's like Corey Feldman, who in reality, actually does EVERYTHING badly, but is really disillusioned and thinks he's really talented? Or what if it's worse? What if it's like the time Tommy Puett thought HE could sing and released an ENTIRE album?"


And then it happened. He opened his mouth, words came out and he was remarkably on tune. He was even, dare I say, quite good actually.

Which then lead me...to go...THERE.

Is Doogie... gay?

Nah, couldn't be. I mean just because he is in a Broadway production, one that is popular in the gay community, and that he is sorta effeminate and I have never, ever heard him linked with a girl EVER doesn't mean that--

Oh my God. Doogie IS gay!

Suddenly it hit us like a ton of bricks. Of course, NPH seems like the perfect man! That's because he's a homosexual! Now, I'm not one to go around spreading rumors, but I mean COME ON.

So years have passed and recently NPH resurfaced again in a hilarious, out of character cameo in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. As to not ruin the "plot" of the movie, NPH is playing himself, only as a wild, partying, hooker loving, ecstasy using, never in a million years version of himself.

And there it was again.

Watching Neil dance next to the scantily clad women and watching him talk about "scoring" looked about as natural as Keanu Reeves in a serious acting role.

This time I shared my theory with my friend Judy. She reluctanly agreed that she too was starting to wonder. That afternoon, we scoured the Internet in search of the truth. Surprisingly we found very few pieces of evidence to prove our theory either true, nor false. It's not like we expected to find oodles of info, but then again if there can be an entire site devoted to this guy I figured anything was possible.

Which leads me to this point as I open the forum for public discussion.

I realize you may never have thought about it before or will never think about it again. I also realize that it doesn't matter whether he is or he isn't. This is by NO MEANS A GAY BASHING. It's just an overwhelming feeling of curiosity about other people's business. Seriously. I might conduct a similiar poll someday about whether or not Jennifer Love Hewitt could really be that nice ALL THE TIME. (another theory of mine. Guess which side of the fence I'm on with that one?)

So, to make a long story short, do YOU think Neil Patrick Harris is gay?
















 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online