My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Cat's Out of The Bag: A Final Commentary

Wow! Who knew a fight about nothing would have y'all saying something. Now you see how I felt about it. Most of you pointed out how this argument was silly and blown out of proportion, which was precisely my point all along.

In fact, my anger stemmed from the fact that he got so angry. I didn't really care one way or another about the stupid bag. I didn't give much thought to it which, in his eyes was all the more reason I shouldn't have taken the bag. Because he did care.

But the real purpose of this post is to make a few clarifications:

Recycling and/or what the bag was made out of was not a factor in the argument.

Yes, the purchase was technically mine and mine alone.

The bag, I believe, is still in my possession. When we got to the car, he in his fit of anger, took the item out of the bag and tossed the bag somewhere in the car. When I left his place we weren't talking and I proceeded to put said item back in the bag before carrying it into the house, just as I planned.

I can't speak to insecurities on either side. I mean I could, I suppose, but let's just shelf that as the "don't go there" part of the argument for now. I will say that yes, I agree that the argument was not about the keeper of the bag per se. But then again, what little thing arguments are ever really about little things?

I agree, to an extent, that men and women communicate differently. But then again, many men commented here and agreed...with me. So there goes that theory.

Finally, for those of you who are wondering, I have yet to show the comments on this post to my boyfriend. I will warn you though, he is an excellent debater. My guess is he will say one of 2 things:

1. You don't understand the backstory and thus you would naturally side with me.
2. You are all my readers and thus you are still going to side with me.

Regardless, I should post things like this more often just to keep my sanity. Perhaps hooking up a live feed would help. I also know we all would love to see his rebuttal up here as a guest blog.

Finally, on a semi-related note, Foxy Mama, go here to read all about the modern day wonder that is Tivo. I promise you won't be disappointed.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online