My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, November 04, 2005

Eight Great Things About I Love The 80's 3D: 1988 & 1989

I briefly interrupt this guilty pleasure trip to give you a preview of upcoming programming here at AOGB. This weekend I will be hosting the 25th edition of the Carnival of New Jersey Bloggers. I know what you are thinking. Me post on a Sunday morning? Yeah yeah. Just don't get too used to it, k?

Even if you're not from Jersey, y'all come back now, ya hear?



Carnival-large



1988

1. "Cher loved to get him naked and spread him with cream cheese, throw some Nova on top and maybe a bit of red onion." (Mo Rocca on Cher and Rob Camaletti's romance)

2. ON BUSTER POINDEXTER'S SONG, "HOT, HOT, HOT" "You'd hear "Hot, Hot, Hot" at any place that involved wet clothing... and possibly at the dog track." (Willie Garson)

"It starts with the ole ole!, ole ole! and everybody stops. It's like the call from the mountain....People at the party? HOT. HOT. HOT. Really? Cause anybody on this line dance? Not hot." (Jason George)

3. ON COCKTAIL "The story is wrapped up in the title. I mean it's a cock-tale." (Hal Sparks)

"In the video (for Kokomo) John Stamos is like playing a steel drum. What the hell is John Stamos doing there?!" (The Donnas)

4. ON LITA FORD "What kind of life are you leading when you're like you didn't get laid, you got in a fight. No big thing. Your goals are just amazing."

"Lita Ford looked hot but she also looked like hse might smell like a dumpster."
(Modern Humorist)

5. "The reenactments weren't exactly gritty or realistic. They were more on the par of of a Lifetime movie." (Mo Rocca on Unsolved Mysteries)

6. "I could just very easily see him coming down out of the mountains and eating your brains." (Wil Wheaton on the guy from "Beds Are Burning" group, Midnight Oil)

7. "It may or may not be his child and they're crossing the state line. And we're not sure why. And the kid's crying. He tried to calm the kid down. He tried Thorazine and now he's gonna sing the song. It's ok kid. Everything's fine." (Michael Ian Black on the Rod Stewart video for "Forever Young")

8. "Eddie Murphy used to sing a song about putting things up your butt. I always imagined this is what he'd be singing about. If you ever tried it they fit perfectly up your rectum." (Michael Ian Black on Micro Machines)

1989

1. "She's a strong vocalist. I say strong enough to judge other vocalists." (Michael Buble on Paula Abdul)

2. "I would like to see William Shatner: Rescue 411. This is William Shatner. City and state?" (Hal Sparks, Rescue 911 spoof)

3. "Do they eat other eighties pop bands? We never did find out what happened to A-HA..." (Mo Rocca on The Fine Young Cannibals)

4. "Yeah, I noticed he had his shirt off. My VCR had a frame by frame function." (Michael Ian Black on Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse)

5. "The Noid to me was a horrific blend of Tucan Sam and Abe Vigoda." (Mo Rocca on Domino's mascot, The Noid)

6. "When you buy a town do you get the people with the town? (Jane Weidlen on Kim Basinger's buying Braselton, Georgia)

7. "You wouldn't necessarily be dead if you closed your eyes forever. You might just be blind." (Michael Ian Black on the Ozzy Osbourne/Lita Ford duet, "If I Close My Eyes Forever")

8. "No, I think it's good if I got pregnant. I'll probably die, but at least I'll get pregnant and have a child that I won't get to see or raise and leave a lot of sadness for the people behind me- but that's ok, right?" (Rachel Quaintance on Steel Magnolias)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online