My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Guest Post: How To Give A Gift

Thursday is normally a day of rest here at AOGB. But since I have other bloggers blogging for me, today I can bring you a brand, spankin' new post! Without further adieu, please welcome Marty from...The Life of Marty.

Not having ever been engaged, married or given birth, I have been giving many more gifts than I've received. I've actually considered announcing my engagement (with a cooperative female) just so I can sort of get even.

In the last couple of years, I've modified my gift giving strategy. Most people give gifts with the intention to impress the recipient. So, they will go out and spend a lot of money for a Tiffany box or Godiva chocolates. Then they gift wrap it and attach a card to the outside.

I no longer try to impress. People should be happy they are getting any sort of gift from me whatsoever. If it's truly the thought that counts, then no doubt they will have me in mind when they get my gift. I don't shop in Bloomingdales, Tiffany's or Macy's. Uh Uh, I shop in Jack's 99 cent store, Webers, and Odd Job (before it's untimely demise). I can generally get anything I need in these stores or the equivalent off-price retailer. I also am not into the status of a Tiffany box, if I buy it in Jack's 99 cent store that's the bag that you get it in. I don't believe in gift wrapping either. You're only going to rip it apart when you open it anyways. I just tie a knot on the top of the inscribed plastic bag that they give me. I don't believe in cards either. Your happy birthday, new baby, engagement wishes are personally written out by me on the back of the receipt from the store. This way you know exactly how much I spent on you and you have the receipt to return the gift and get the munificent sum I spent on you.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online