My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

When There's Something Strange In the Neighborhood

Some smells are good smells. The smell of baking bread for instance. Or newly washed clothes, just taken out of the dryer. A candle being blown out is another personal favorite.

Then there are your bad smells. Bathroom odor. Body odor. Usually anything that you attach the word "odor" to actually fits nicely here.

Last night I was having this really weird dream. I mean, I actually woke up because I was smelling a skunk. Only problem is when I woke up, I realized it wasn't a dream at all.

I really WAS smelling a skunk.

Many of us have been driving along on a nice spring or summer day, windows down, radio blasting, when we come upon the smell of a skunk. Instantly we cover our noses, roll up our windows and even drive a little faster (if possible) in an attempt to get away from the skanky skunk smell.

But then there are cases like these. You can't drive away. You can't run away. In fact, you can't even find the source of the stupid smell, which makes you feel sick to your stomach in more ways than one.

So in the middle of the night, we all wake up because of this damn smell. My dad walks around the house, down in the basement etc but finds nothing. At the time he swears the smell is stronger outside. Personally I can't tell the difference. Skunk is skunk. Plain and simple.

When I go to work this morning I notice I don't smell anything as I head towards my driveway. Slowly I realize this probably isn't a neighborhood thing, but instead a Branagan household type deal. When I come home, same situation. As song as you walk in the door the smell is strong. The longer you are in the house, the easier it is to not smell it, but every once and awhile you get a whiff. And before anyone asks the answer is no. We don't have a dog.

I did a little reading on the Internet and so far, what I'm finding out is what I feared the most. Skunk smell is hard to get rid off. Half the battle is finding out where it is coming from which could be under the deck, the house or trapped in a vent somewhere. I suppose the "good" news would be if a skunk simply sprayed the area and went on his merry way. BUT if he still on the premises, or even worse, DOA, things could actually get worse before they get better.

I don't know what to do about this one...suggestions?

In the meantime I think I'll simultaneously go do some laundry, bake some bread and have a birthday party for my imaginary friend.


 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online