My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, January 24, 2005

9 Great Things About I Love The 90's...1998 & 1999: Part Deux

1998
1. "He's sort of the action hero I would be, which is soft and easily killed." (Michael Ian Black on Matthew Broderick's role in Godzilla)

2. "That's like Michael Jackson leaving The Jackson Five or the cop leaving The Village People. It's Ginger who really gave them flava. That's why her name is Ginger. She's got the flava!" (Michael Ian Black on Geri "Ginger Spice" Haliwell's departure from The Spice Girls)

3. "When you get to the point where you can thank silence? That's pretty f***ing enlightened." (Rachael Harris on Alanis Morisette's song, Thank You) ..."I think Alanis did become angry once again after that song because no one said your welcome in response, which is pretty rude." (Mo Rocca)

4. "I like to dance but I didn't like to dance to that because it looks like you're being stung by wasps." (Dominic Monaghan on rave music)

5. "I stopped eating beef because of Oprah... but I also loved to learn reading." (Modern Humorist on the power of Oprah)

6. "Nothing screams ghetto quite like Warren Beatty". (Rachael Harris on the song Ghetto Superstar from Bulworth)..."When I think ghetto I think Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, singing a song... written by Barry Gibb." (some other guy)

7. "Adam Sandler appeals to the man child in all of us. The boy who never quite grew up or whose IQ never reached triple digits." (Michael Ian Black on Adam Sandler)

8. "We've finally reached the point where VH1 is waxing nostalgia about itself." (Michael Ian Black on VH1's Behind the Music)

9. "The music I like to jog to is Modern English's "Melt With You". They could have used a little bit of that song. It would have been a better movie, for me." (Michael Ian Black on Run Lola Run)

1999

1. "It's a really, really well put together show. So I knew it was going to be cancelled." (Weird Al Yankovic on Freaks and Geeks)

2. "If you're gonna create an alter ego and you can pick your own name...? Chris Gaines? LL Cool Gaines would have been better. People kind've laughed at him. But who had the last laugh? The people. The people." (Michael Ian Black on Chris Gaines, the Garth Brooks alter ego)

3. "If you're gonna do some rap, anything from Les Miserables would be wonderful or maybe MAN OF LA MANCHA!" (Michael Ian Black on Jay Z's sampling of Annie's It's A Hard Knock Life)

4. "It's Texas for crying out loud. You're allowed to have a gun on your dashboard, but you can't run around naked in your house? It doesn't make any sense." (Uncle Kracker on Matthew McConaughey's arrest for being high and playing the bongos)

5. "I love Limp Bizkit because they combine rap and metal, 2 genres I really don't listen to. So, they've kind've condensed them into 1 genre I don't have to listen to." (Paul Tompkins)

6. "Being John Malkovich finally answers the question we've all wondered about for so long: What would it be like to be John Malkovich? And it answers it splendidly." (Michael Ian Black on the movie, Being John Malkovich)

7. "Originally it was supposed to be Being Corey Feldman, but I guess Corey Feldman wouldn't agree to it." (Weird Al on Being John Malkovich)

8. "I think it's comedy for people who hated their parents." (Craig Ferguson on The Tom Green Show)

9. "I'll watch anything about sports. I hate sports. But I'll watch any movie about sports. And I'll watch any movie about jocks overcoming insurmountable oddds. What's wrong with me? Why am I supporting these people? They're the ones who assaulted me in high school and I'm cheering for them at the end of Varsity Blues." (Michael Ian Blac on jock movies like Varsity Blues)

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online