My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, April 15, 2005

To Keri Russell and Crew, With Love

Did you ever rediscover a long lost love? Perhaps it's a hobby you used to do all the time or an album you used to play until it was all worn out. If you have, you might understand my excitement over my recent rediscovery of the angst ridden college classic, Felicity.

Every once and awhile I get on a syndication kick. I've had cyclical fascinations with everything from those kooky dating shows like Love At First Sight and Shipmates to VH1's Pop Up Video. But while my senior year days in college were filled watching TLC's Wedding, Dating and Baby Story lineup, my nights were chockful of Felicity's curls. At the time, we got a kick out of Felicity's on going "save your drama for your mama" and a lot of it rung true considering my roommates and I were going through many of the same things ourselves.

But the best part of repeat heaven is when you get a sort've selective amnesia. I mean I remember Felicity, hell it only ended three years ago, but I don't remember remember it, if you know what I mean. I can tell you how it began and how it ended, but it's the 3 and a half years in the middle that are all muddled to me.

Suddenly, through the magic of Women's Entertainment television, I can relive the wonderful sweater-filled, bad haircut, unrealistically sized dorm room world of Felicity as if everything old was new again. Once again I can contemplate Ben or Noel? Noel or Ben? with perhaps more fervor than our current president had when contemplating whether or not to go to war. No waiting till summer's over to see the answer to the latest cliffhanger. It's all right there for the taking, Monday through Friday, 2 hours, back to back. Yes my friends, 10,000 Maniacs sure knew what they were talking about when they spoke the words, "these are the days to remember."

Now, if only someone would create a network devoted to afterschool specials, I'd be good to go.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online