My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, May 13, 2005

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might

Reason # 52 not to air your dirty laundry on your blog. It can come back to haunt you in the comments. All of a sudden this blog is teetering on Jerry Springer territory. Understand that I don't wish to respond publicly about it in the comments and wish it all never happened to begin with. It just makes me sad and continuing to post like usual is the only way I know how to deal with it right now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress:

Speaking of wishes, a few months ago I made a rather bold blog-related move. I added a Pay Pal button along with some Google Ad Sense to this very site. I've seen it on well-written blogs before. So why not add it to mine?

You silly, silly girl.

For starters, I believe I set up my Pay Pal account wrong. I contacted them, but the only people who contact me are false Pay Pal represents who have somehow come upon my information and, as a result, have swooped down like vultures. Not that it matters anyway. Nobody clicks on the Google Nonsense or attempts to actually like, donate via Pay Pal.

So why keep them up at all? That's a good question. I guess up until now they made me look like I might be getting something for nothing. Until I went and blew my cover with this post that is. Nice move, Janet.

But then there have been (very) few of you who have actually approached me about how all the bells and whistles have helped my blog. I have been honest with each and every one of you. But a (very) few others of you have asked about why I don't have an Amazon wish list yet.

For clarification, a Amazon wish list is just like a list you might make at Christmas time, asking Santa to bring you all that your little heart desires. And for those (few) of you who have asked and even requested such a list, God bless your little hearts.

For awhile, I've been on the fence about promoting any of these things on this blog. I always felt like it's a bit presumptuous to assume y'all would want to get something for little 'ol me. But since some of you have come to me and not the other way around, I caved and figured it doesn't help to put it out there.

So, without further adieu, I present to you my Amazon Wish List. If the link doesn't work, you can also go directly to Amazon, click on wish lists and search for my name. I'm sure some of you will go if only to get a hearty laugh at all the cheesy movies I have, but need to collect desperately on DVD.

By the way, if you happen to know how to add a wish list link to this blog, please let me know so I can go ahead and do that and not plug it here anymore. Instead I'll put it somewhere over there. Or maybe even... there.

Oh and in case you're the type of gift giver who looks for special occassions, my birthday is coming up in June. Who knows though. You might be one of those "just because" gift givers.

Of course, you also just might be disgusted and really, that's ok too.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online