My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself, Or What I'm Doing With My Summer Vacation, Part 2

It occurred to me the other day that my summer vacation is a little more than half of the first half over. Where has all the time gone? I have said it before and I'll say it again. I can kill a day like nobody's business. Seriously, I don't know how I do it. I've been this way for years. Maybe it's the one positive side effect of being an only child.

Back when I was in high school and had (gasp) no internet access to speak of, I would read a lot in the summer or watch a lot of TV. And yes, some would say I still watch a lot of TV, but those people didn't know me then, because if they did, well they'd realize the error of their ways.

So I still read (although most of the books I've been reading lately are lame) and I still watch tivo (just when I think I'm all caught up, it sucks me back in). I also spend a lot of time blogging, emailing and visiting blogs. I also whine about how I want this blog to go dotcom and I have appreciated all the input on the matter. I still remain as confused as ever though. Did I ever mention I'm easily overwhelmed?

I also have been faithful to my exercise routine, something that had to be put on the backburner when school was in session. I have been wanting to tone for sometime, but to no avail. I am one of few people who really doesn't want to lose more weight, just gain more definition.

And believe it or not, I am even trying to remain true to my goal of learning more Spanish. I signed up for a four week, non-credit course at the local community college called Spanish for Educators. Now assuming I'm not the only educator who signs up for this thing, we should be good to go.

But even with all of that going on, I still feel a bit empty. In the past few years I've also realized the cold, hard reality; I thrive on being busy. When I'm not busy, my mind wanders, which is not usually a good thing.

There's just something about summer. The few weeks before are always filled with promise of all the "fun" things yet to do, mixed in with a few things you feel obligated to do. I realize I've been pretty good on the obligation part, where most usually are lax, but I'm having a hard time fulfilling the fun part. This is mainly because I don't really have anybody to have fun with and as hard as I try, I can't create fun situations (or people) that quite simply, aren't there.

But like I said, I still do know that I can still kill a day like nobody's business. That and the fact that in about 2 months I'll so be eating my words for whining about these so-called lazy days of summer.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online